Chapter 1 👀

Third Person

It's your birthday, and whenever it's that day of the year, your best friends - Kevin, Devin & Daniel - always seem to surprise you. You're not complaining though, right? Except...every girl in your neighbourhood loves them. Why? They're The Bomb Digz, and..you love them, and their music, but...the girls in your neighbourhood who call themselves their 'fans'? No, you can't stand them. But the one thing you cannot stand is having to pick one of your three best friends as your boyfriend.
It started like this:
—-
"Happy Birthday, Y/N." Devin says, his voice always joyful, as his eyes watch you get into his car. "What you want?"

"No." You simply say. "You always buy me breakfast, Dev! I'm buying. What do you want?"

"Girl, it don't work like that." Devin chuckles, giving you a soft punch. "You want, I buy."

"Well, I want to buy us breakfast for once." You grin. "Or I can just call Janice-"

"No!" Devin nearly shouts and you laugh. "Why you gotta do me like that?"

"Because." You say, as you put your belt on. "How are y'all anyways?"

"I broke up with her."

"What?"

"I said, I broke up with her. Two nights ago."

"Devin!" You practically shout. "She's nice!"

"And I don't really care, anymore. Y/N, lemme just be single for once, please?" He pouts his lip and you laugh.

"Ok. Hurry up and drive, Dev. I'm starving."

"Alright, alright. Don't rush me." He grins. "It's your fault we're late. Your lazy ass couldn't wake up when I called you."

"You called me at seven in the morning!"
——
"Finally!" Daniel shouts as you and Devin walk into the house.

"Where y'all been?" Kevin asks as he gives you a hug and whispers, "Happy birthday, baby girl.", making you giggle. (Baby girl is his nickname for you so chill 😏)

"Same place we always go, Kev." Devin replies and throws himself on the couch.

"I was sitting there." Kevin says and Devin shrugs. "How come y'all didn't buy Daniel and I something?"

"I forgot!" You gasp. "I am so sorry-"

"Don't apologise, baby girl." Kevin grins at you then leans forward and whispers, "We can go out alone and get something to eat later tonight, you know what I mean?"

For some dumb reason, you blush, knowing exactly what Kevin meant. You notice a strong tense silence after Kevin walks away to join Devin, and you're not liking it. One single bit.
—-
A few hours go past, and it's been the best so far. You went and had got your nails done with Lucki (your fav colour 🤪) and got spoiled heaps by Shari. Then you, Lucki and Shari shopped until youse dropped, and returned home with bags of perfumes, shoes and new outfits.

"Y/N, can you go to the back and get some cold drinks, please?" Lucki says.

"Gladly." You nod.

You make your way outside and as you open the small pink fridge Shari keeps, you hear Devin, Kevin and Daniel's voices.

"Thought we were going to do it separately! Like not when two of us are in the same room, Kev!"

"Hey, don't blame me. Y'all were just in the wrong room at the wrong time. Plus, we got heaps of weeks to continue this. Chill."

"I don't know about this, guys. Aren't we messing with shawty, the wrong way?"

"Relax, Daniel. We got this. None of us are going to come out heart broken, so..chill."

You hear footsteps approaching and you quickly pretend to be counting the amount of cans in the fridge. Somebody clears their throat.

"Hey!" You say, fake smiling as you face them. "I just came out to grab some drinks!"

"We can see that," Daniel says and as he walks inside, he says, "Get me the cherry flavoured one, mami." (It's his nickname for you too, so chill 🥴 )

You nod, flickering your eyes between Devin and Kevin, and Devin nods, gives you a small smile and walks back inside, where as Kevin remains standing, his eyes stone cold.

"Um...what's up, Kev?" You say, your voice getting all shaky.

"You heard us, didn't you?" He folds his arms, leaning against the wooden table behind him. "Baby girl, don't lie to me. I know you."

"Ok, I heard." You shrug. "I don't know who you were talking about but...just don't break her heart, okay?"

"I wouldn't ever want to." Kevin sighs and then looks at you, giving you a charming smile, "So, we still on for tonight?"

"Definitely." You smile back.

As youse stare at each other, you think, whoever this girl is, please don't hurt her.