Chapter 20

~Killua's POV~

I looked at my father in disbelief.

I wanted to say something... to tell him that I wasn't going to give up on the girl I loved with all my heart... but nothing. I was hopeless. How could I have not expected this?... Then it hit me.

I turned to face (y/n) and whispered,

"Let's just run away again! We could hide better this time, and this time..." I breathed, "I won't let you get hurt. Even if it costs my life."

(Y/n) looked at me with those beautiful caring and soft eyes that I love so much and said what I knew she would've said in reply,

"We won't get far Killua," She touched my face with one hand, "And we both know that."

I leaned into her touch and closed my eyes to soak in all of the warmth she makes me feel when we're together. But that warmth didn't last long.

"That's the choice you have." My father added, "So make your choice."

My body began to shake. I didn't want lo leave (y/n) at all! But if it would make both her and her family happier, I'd do anything to end this fight.

I held her hand and looked at (y/n) again. "We'll see through this, I promise."

(Y/n) placed the hand on my shoulder as I stood in her way protectively and faced my family head on.

"I won't allow you to lay a finger on (y/n)!"

My chubby and my opposite (personality wise) brother, Milluki, chuckled.

"We aren't interested in hurting your friend. We only want our family to continue to have the 'assassin' title." And if Killua has weaknesses," He looked at (y/n), "She could end up dead."

My blood was boiling and my fists were clenched, but he was right. If I had to go through with this I was going to have to let (y/n) go.

"I'll-"

"KILLUA! Y/N!"

The sudden call made me jolt. I looked out the window to see the three of the four people I cared about the most in my life.

"Leorio! Kurapika! Gon!"

The feeling of relief washed over me like a gentle wave. Even though I knew they were just behind the 7 gates, I didn't realize how much these guys mattered to me until now.

"We don't have time!" Gon shouted, "(Y/n)'s family is here!"

"(Y/n)'s family?!"