𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

-'  𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕓𝕠𝕪𝕤'-

"hey. who's that?"

you cursed at yourself in a soft tone, hoping to get away from all the boys.

"oh, ayumie." jaemin called up making you turn slowly. you smiled while bowing to them and just stood there awkwardly. "do you want to join us? we were about to head for lunch and at the same time, plan for our booth."

as you were about to decline, someone had clung their arm onto you.

"i was waiting for you at the cafeteria and you weren't there." she pouted which made you turned away. she was confused at first but as she looked who was ahead of her, her eyes widened in shock.

"hi, mia. nice to see you again." haechan burst happily, trying to make it obvious to you. he was still annoyed that you didn't tell mia about him. you raised your right arm that was free and casually pointed a finger at him then scratched your head.

mark chuckled lowly as he saw your actions. he was trying to see what was going on in this situation.

mia's face has a tint of pink as she bit her lips, trying not to make it obvious. she hold your arm tighter, asking for help. you slowly took your hand back and looked at the boys. you had an idea, thinking everything might be placed perfectly for it.

"hey, mia." you smiled at her. "the boys were just asking me if you were able to join them."

"what..?" mia stuttered as she looked at you, shocked.

"they're about to start on the booth for next week. you should join them. i have plans right now."

"didn't you plan to eat with her?" haechan smirked as you turned around, unbothered. everybody stood there, wanting to know what happens next.

you sighed and took out your phone. you dialed a number and waited as it rang. they watched your actions carefully, especially mark. he was confused. he felt like you didn't want to be there at all.

finally, someone picked up the phone and answered immediately.

"you're outside your lecture hall, right? we're here, sweetheart." the person had a deep voice. he ended the call without you answering.

"ayumie." from afar, you saw three older guys standing in front of you. you smiled in delight and peeked back at haechan. his eyes widened as he saw the three. you walked up happily to them.

"let's go." you said after you did your regular handshake with them, leaving everyone dumbfounded.

MARK'S POV

as she left, we were left silent.

i looked at haechan. he looked mad. as if the men had offended him in some way. he obviously didn't like them.

"well, what are we waiting for?" i turned to see jeno patting haechan. all of us, including the girl, made our way to the cafeteria. she looked awkward at first but tagged along anyway.

"you alright?" as we were about to walk as a group, i asked haechan to see if it still bothered him that much.

"yeah..i just." he paused. "i didn't know my close friend would know such people. especially jaehyun. "

"ayumie?"

he sighed and nodded.

i've always heard about her. she was in our high school but i didn't get to know her much. it was my crucial year at the time. soon after, i became one of the alumni of my high school. now that they are in the same university as me, i figured it's easier to plan for a meet up than the last where we had to plan messily. of course, that didn't work out.

she looked easy-going but she doesn't seem to be the person to open up to someone. it's obvious, i wouldn't know much of her back story.

"don't worry, haechan. i'm sure she will get involved in the next meeting." i pat his back as an encouragement. he smiled and proceeded to get his hunger filled.