☯Chapter 3☯

Protect
[pre-tèkt] verb
Keep someone safe:to prevent somebody or something from being harmed or damaged

Amberlynns POV

I was sitting on the steps to a house playing with my braces when I pregnant woman sat next to me. "Hi sweetheart what's your name?" The woman asked "Amberlynn. Over there is my sister Violet." I say pointed at Vi "I'm Lori Carls mom." I smiled "Nice to meet you." Lori just started at me for a moment then asked "Was your moms name Janice?" I looked at her confused "Yes ma'am." Lori grabbed my hand and smiled "I was friends with your mother. She said if anything happened to her or your father to find you and keep you safe. Now that your here that's what I will do." "Thank you ma'am." Lori waved her arms in the air "Call me Lori. It makes me feel old when you call me ma'am."
*
*
*
Carl carried me into the house and placed me on the floor next to his mother as he cleared the house. "Carl likes you." Lori whispered in my ear. I stood up and went to leave the room "Where are you going?" I shrug "To help." "Carl said to stay put he'll be mad if you moved." I shrug and walk away.

Loris POV

"Carl use to talk about her all the time. He found her as now she wondered when he said to stay put. He's going to be mad." Carol chuckled "Its good he found her then." I heard Carl yell then Amberlynn yell "I'm not worthless Carl! It's just a limp I'm not leg less!" Daryl walked by "Harsh." "He found her." then he came in with his arm around Ambers waist lifted her of the ground about 2 feet. He set her next to me "Don't let her leave." I whisper to Amberlynn "He's protecting you, he try's to protect the things he loves."