Deal

“Are your parents really gonna be okay with this?” Hermione had asked again. She folded her clothes neatly, preparing to place it on her luggage. Hermione had never formally met Draco's parents, they didn't want to, and so did she. The only thing that they both agreed on was that.

“Hermione, relax.” Draco squeezed her shoulders, she stopped what she was doing and gazed at Draco. “I'm a grown man. Paris isn't that far anyway, ”

Over the past few years, Draco had grown mature, he was no longer that bully that tormented the trio for years. Hermione thought it was impossible, but she didn't think that “Impossible” was on her vocabulary anymore. Although, his arrogance still remained, but she didn't mind, she loved it. He still had that “bad boy” reputation that made Hermione blush.

“I know, ” She sighed. “It's just that, ” Hermione choked for a moment,   “They don't know we're engaged and what if--”

“It's going to be alright, ” He said, reassuringly. She knew he was right, she nodded and went back to preparing her luggage, Draco waved his wand and the drawers opened, few of his clothes went hovering towards him and was carefully placed onto their bed.

Draco had been living at Hermione's house for a few weeks and then back at his manor, avoiding his parents, particularly his father, avoiding their disappointed stares and their high expectations. He loved his home, truly, but it wasn't the same as before. Hermione's house was big and welcoming enough but it wasn't massive as the Malfoy Manor.

“I'm sorry, this vacation is supposed to be relaxing and here I am, overthinking again, ” She said. “I'm such a downer, ”
She sat down on the bed, as she covered her face with her hands, sighing.

“Hey, it's okay,” Draco said comfortingly as he sat down beside her. She leaned her head on his shoulder, leaning in for support.

“To be overthinking?” She asked.

“To be a downer,” Draco smirked, Hermione glared and hit him playfully on the chest.

The manor was magnificent indeed, it's been in the Malfoy family for years, it's filled with fond memories and love... But it doesn't feel that way for Narcissa, it felt cold and empty. How she missed everything when Draco was young and innocent before that mudblood came in his life.

Her husband was all she ever had in their hallow home, If only she could bring back those days--

“Narcissa, it's good to see you, ” She heard a familiar voice. She turned around to see a woman with dark-blonde hair in delicate curls, her purple eye shadow made a superior impression, her blood-red lips were apparent in her skin of light shade. Their house elf must have ushered her inside.

“Rashley, I'm glad you could come, ” Narcissa greeted her old friend.

“You know I love your company, ” Rashley said, Narcissa gestured for her to seat down.

“Well, it gets lonely in here,” They both sat down across from each other, the afternoon sun shone in the balcony. Cups of tea were waiting in the round table.

“How's Draco?” Rashley started. She added a few teaspoons of sugar in her porcelain cup.

“You must have heard the news, ” She said, knowingly. No doubt about that, Rashley knew everything and anyone, she loved gossips and rumours, it was more of her lifestyle.

“You know, I can help you with your problem, ” Rashley plastered a smile, with a hint of mischievousness. “That's why I'm here, right?”

“You know me too well,” Narcissa smiled.

They didn't know what time it was or how long they've been in that room. Draco had distracted her again with a rough kiss which she melted into. He snaked her arm around her waist, falling into the bed.

“Draco...” She growled in delight. “Were supposed to be packing--”

But he just shushed her with a sudden kiss on her neck which made her giggle. Her back was pressed against the soft mattress, while Draco's hand had roamed around her leg, towards her thigh--

“Draco, ” She resisted from letting this go any further, she wasn't ready for being intimate just yet. The couple had discussed about it and they both vowed that they would do it when she was ready, Hermione didn't know how long it would take, but Draco was understanding enough. She softly seized his roaming hand, and in an instant, he parted their lips.

“Sorry, ” He had that smug look on his face which was inches from hers “Got carried away,”

He let out a groan as he sprawled down beside her, Hermione scooted her body to lean against him, Draco's arm laid as a pillow for her head with a sigh. They laid there in comfort, now Hermione had forgotten what they were supposed to be doing. Both just stared at the enchanted ceiling that copied the blue cloudy sky.

The two witch had been talking intently for a while, Narcissa was determined to give her son the best, a life that she had promised him.
What she was doing now determined their future.

“Just so we're in the same page-- My youngest daughter, Astoria will have her hand in marriage to your son,” Rashley said. “I value blood prejudice, Narcissa and I would like to maintain that. With our family being united, it would raise our status and prestige. It would do your family good.”

“What are you trying to say?” Narcissa squinted her eyes at the last sentence. Narcissa was that kind of woman that didn't like to be insulted, she prided herself for that.

“Some people still remember your former allegiance,” She reminded. “And people will still talk...”

Narcissa studies her words and nodded. “And what does your daughter say?”

“My daughter has agreed on this arrangement,” Rashley said. “I hope your husband has approved of this,”

“It was his idea,” She admitted. Narcissa stared at her large emerald eyes. “I would do anything for the good of my family, ”

With that words, Rashley's red lips curled into a smile. “And the girl?”

“I'll take care of it,” She immediately answered.

“I'll take it as a deal then?” Her hand was ready for Narcissa to shake. Without any reluctance, she shook it.

“Deal,”

A/N

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please enjoy this photo below 👇