Catching Up

“So,” Narcissa inhaled sharply. “You're going on a muggle vacation, dressed in muggle clothes, with a muggle, ”

Mother--” Draco intervened. But he didn't look at his mother's glaring eyes upon him, he was too busy preparing his finest clothes that he left in the manor.

“And you didn't tell me,” She continued as she stood at the doorway to Draco's vast room with her arms crossed. “Draco, it's the muggle world we're talking about, and you just told me now!”

“You wouldn't have agreed if I asked,” That was his reply.

Narcissa sighed in disbelief, she pinched the bridge of her nose while Draco carried on casually ignoring his mother. “Draco, why are you doing this to us?”

“Mother, we've talked about this,”  He placed one pair of trousers in his bag. “You can't control my life all the time.”

Narcissa merely spoke but stepped further into his room, her gazes all around the surroundings as she took it all in. “I remember tucking you in this very room when you were little,” Her voice became softer as she smiled warmly. Draco couldn't help but stare at his mother, the last time she tucked him into bed was more than 10 years ago. “You always listened to me back then, and now you're so stubborn,”

“And who's fault is that?” Draco fired back. Narcissa just sat down at the edge of his bed.

“I should've never have let you go on your own,” She sighed. “And now, your making terrible choices, ”

“Mother,” Draco groaned, he knew she was referring to Hermione as the 'terrible choice'.

“I'm just saying. There are plenty of girls out there.” Narcissa said.

“Other girls?” Draco raised an eyebrow. “You mean purebloods?-- I don't think I believed in those things anymore,”

“Well, you're still young,” Narcissa spoke.

“No, I'm not.” Draco interrupted.

“It's not like you would spend the rest of your life with that girl,” She scoffed. “She'll eventually wear you off.”

Draco rolled his eyes at that.

“That girl, Pansy? What happened to the both of you?” She asked Draco to scrunched his nose in disgust at the mention of her name.

“She wasn't my girlfriend,”  He reminded her and almost shivered.

“Or maybe, Astoria?” Her mother smirked as she put an emphasis on her name. Astoria. She was Draco's first girlfriend --

Draco only looked at her skeptically, “Why the sudden interest at my past conquests?

“I just thought you would look perfect together,” Narcissa grinned. “I don't know what happened between the two of you but she's a remarkable witch. You know, she's still single.”  She stared at the wedding ring on her finger, its been on the Malfoy family for years, given to generations from generations, it was a symbol of acceptance and blessing from the lineage. Any girl would be lucky to wear it. “I wonder if the family ring looks good on her.” 

“Bloody hell mum,  I broke up with her for a reason,” Draco said while placing his bag on his shoulders, obviously annoyed.

“Perhaps you would change your mind?” Narcissa pleaded.

“No,” He gave his mother a brief peck on the cheek before briskly leaving his room.

“Wait!” His mother called out.

“Tell Dad, I'm leaving!” He called back.

It was a clear afternoon, not a single cloud was in sight. It was a perfect day to grab a drink and socialize with your friends... That was Blaise Zabini waiting for the Leaky Cauldron, a dark and handsome Italian friend of Draco's.

“You're always late,” Blaise complained to his friend.

“I'm here, am I?” Draco grinned. “You're just like my mother.”

Blaise rolled his eyes and gestured for Draco to sit down. They ordered two butterbeers, and gradually sipping the large glass as they talked.

“I still can't believe that you're engaged to Hermione Granger, ”  Blaise grinned.

“I get that a lot, ” He said, half-jokingly.

“The girl you called mudblood at Hogwarts, book-worm Granger, bushy hair, buck-tooth--"

“Alright, alright" He interrupted, “So I was mean to her...”

Blaise chuckled and took one last chug of his drink.

“When are you leaving, anyway?” His dark friend asked.

“This evening, ”

“How did your mother react?" He asked again.

“Just as usual, a few scolding, a few lectures and then a speech,” Draco said, casually.

Two friends just talked and we're catching with each other's lives, as they were apart for six months, Blaise had some worked to do and today was the only day they could see each other before Draco and Hermione's vacation. Blaise was surprised of how Hermione and Draco's relationship had progress, he was also surprised that Draco hadn't told his parents about the engagement.

“Your mother was acting weird?” Blaise asked.

“Yes.” Draco answered. “She was talking about Pansy, and then-- Astoria,”

“She's not planning something, is she?” Blaise said thoughtfully.

Draco just shrugged both of his shoulders.

“Are you ready?” Hermione asked Draco after their little argument a while ago. That was the two couples fond of doing, they just loved arguing, even the most little problem, just like they did at Hogwarts. Perhaps, old habits do die hard.

“Why can't we just travel by Floo powder?” Draco complained.

“You were the one who told me that you wanted a muggle experience,” Hermione said.

Draco mentally cursed himself, “Well, why can't we just use an extension charm so that we wouldn't carry so much luggage,” He complained again.

“Used to servants, are you? It's only three bags!!” Hermione teased. “We're carrying luggage so that the people on the airport wouldn't be suspicious,” Hermione explained. “And also, again, you said “muggle experience.”

Draco sighed in defeat as he ate his own words, who knew that being a muggle was such a hassle?

“Hold on... What's an airport?” He asked curiously.

Hermione just smirked at him, “You'll see.”

Sorry about this short, boring chapter... And I also apologized for my long delay. Please vote and comment! I just posted a new story, “Enemies With Benefits,” please read it!..