Chapter 9: Progress

3rd Person P.O.V.

The teams got back from their mission, almost unscathed. While they're a bit worn out from battle, they're perfectly fine and are able to fight another day. The reason why they retreated is because they hardly made a dent out of Gnome King's army.

Besides, they haven't created the new healing substance that could heal both teams. They might need it if they're going to do a full-on battle with the Gnomes. While Scientist and Sunflower are still collecting both of their healing sources, the others are still training and preparing for the ultimate battle.

(Engineer) Hey, All-Star. Come look at this.

The undead football player made his way towards Engie.

(All-Star) What is it?

(Engineer) Look at this blueprint.

He showed him a blueprint for a turret that fires footballs.

(Engineer) I can construct turrets that are just like your Football Cannon. But I need some footballs to load it.

(All-Star) Sure thing. I'll call the boss and ask him to deliver some footballs for the turret.

(Engineer) Thanks.

At the plant base.

(Corn) Citron!

(Citron) Yes sir?

(Corn) How many of E.M.Peachs do you have?

(Citron) Quite a lot, why?

(Corn) I've been talking with Rose and we're trying to combine her Time Snare and your E.M.Peaches to help create the ultimate stunning device.

(Citron) Okay, I can spare a dozen of them but not all of them. I still need like a few.

(Corn) We're not asking for much. Just a few so we can run some tests.

(Citron) That's cool. I still got like a hundred of them.

He lead Corn to his place so he can grab some E.M.Peaches.

In a lab.

Sunflower and Scientist were working very hard to produce the new healing source. Instead of testing it out on test subjects, they tested it on each other and so far nothing worked. This time, they spent extra time to concentrate on it so they could perfect it.

Now the formula was complete and now they needed to test it.

(Scientist) Okay, now we just need to test it.

(Sunflower) Okay, fire a round from your Goo-Blaster at me and then use the substance to see if it works.

He fired after she prepared for the pain.

(Sunflower) (pained grunt)

(Scientist) Sorry.

(Sunflower) Its fine... get the substance ready...

As she tried her best to tough it out, it still hurts really bad. She was already weak from producing the solar healing energy in liquid form. Scientist got the blaster full of the substance and sprayed it on her.

(Scientist) How do you feel?

(Sunflower) I feel... better.

(Scientist) Are you kidding?

(Sunflower) No.

(Scientist) It worked!

They both jumped up happily in the air.

(Sunflower) We did it!

(Scientist) Yeah we did! We should go notify the others.

(Sunflower) Yeah, let's go!

They went to tell the others about their discovery.

Later

After telling the others about the new healing source, everyone got excited and started preparing for the ultimate battle that they'll ever face. But they also needed time to perfect the substance and to eliminate any flaws or unfortunate side effects. Everyone was a bit nervous about this upcoming battle.

If they fail, theres no respawning.

End of Chapter 9

Authors Note: So sorry about being off schedule. I was sick the day this was supposed to be published and it wasn't finished yet. I don't exactly know what I had but I hope it isn't permanent. Anyways, the reason why this chapter is short is because the next one (and possibly the last chapter) will be longer than the average chapters for this story. I also appreciate your patience for this story since I've received so much positive feedback. Also, theres no exact schedule of when I publish the next chapter, on account of how long it will be.