Legends

Trigger warnings: arguments, drug use, mention of death

Virgil's PoV

"Really? A fairytale?" Remy sighed leaning back on the school chair his arm around Emile's shoulders causing Emile to blush.
"No... an urban legend, and its supposed to be in the woods around the perimeter of this city." Patton said smiling a bit.

He was sat on the other side of Emile. I was opposite them with Roman on my left side and Damian on my right. Remus was sat on the table with Logan.

We were all in detention for being in a fight despite us being attacked first. Fucking school no tolerance for fighting.

"Come on. It'll be fun" roman said defending Patton.

I looked over at Logan who seemed unsure, it was hard because he never shows emotion.

"What do you all think?" Patton looked around at all of us. We all shrugged and nodded as a teacher walked in.

He gave us a twenty minute lecture before letting us go.

~•~
I arrived home and closed the door quietly hoping my dad was passed out drunk or high.

I moved to the stairs but a cold hand grabbed my shoulder and I froze.

"Where were you?" My dad asked way to calm. I smelt the alcohol and drugs on him. He was high.

"I-I had school... project to do after school." I said turning to face him. He was badly shaved, his black hair had gone more white and his clothes matched the house, dirty and smelt like shit.

"Don't lie to me!" His voice rising causing me to flinch slightly. This could end badly. "I got a call from the school. You had a detention!" He pushed me away.
"Why didn't you tell the the truth?!

"I-I knew you'd get mad-" I mumbled looking down.

"Well no shit!" He yelled his hand tightening over a beer bottle.

"I'm sorry! It wasn't my fault. We were attacked first. I'm flight over fight." I stepped away towards the stairs more.

"UPSTAIRS. NOW!" I ran up the stairs closing the door and collapsed on the bed. My phone was exploding with messages.

Roman: we should go, it'll be fun.
Patton: Just for a couple of hours
Damian: sure why not. Can't be that bad.
Logan: it's almost winter and you want to go to a forest, in middle of the night? Do you want us to die?
Damian: come on Logan!!
Remus: come onnnnnnnn. Virgil you coming?
Logan: fine.

I sighed and replied "yeah whatever". Getting out the house would be helpful.

Emile: 8pm?
Logan: fine. See you all then. Where we always meet.

Where we always meet. A small bridge over a river. In the later months of the year it would freeze over so it was a popular place for teens to go ice skating.
Until a girl fell in and died.

I got up and grabbed a coat and proper walking shoes. I didn't have that warm of clothes but I'd survive.

I set out towards the bridge at 7:50 knowing it'd be only a 10 minute walk. And someone, most likely Remy would be late.

When I arrived everyone was there. Surprisingly. Remy, for some reason Unknown to man was wearing heels.

"The fuck Remy?" I said walking up to them.

"What?" He said turning his attention to me. He was looking at Emile.

Those two need to get together soon.

"Heels. We're going into the woods. At night. If you break a leg I'm leaving you." I replied sighing. My mood wasn't the best. My medication ran out earlier.

Remy shrugged and we all left to search for the mirror.

One that supposed to tell us our darkest fear.... if it's true. I'm fucking screwed.