The darkness of our minds

Trigger warnings: mention of the following; accident, surgery, memory loss, death, suicide, abandonment, homophobia, panic attacks, PTSD episodes, abuse, fire/ arson, self harm, sleep paralysis, blood & gore

- this chapter shifts to everyone's PoV, so every time there's a mention of a new fear. It's a new PoV but I will say at the start.

Logans PoV

We walked deeper into the forest for around an hour before stopping at a clearing. It was dark and we only had our phones as light. I was an idiot for not bringing a torch or suitable light source.

The clearing was a perfect circle with a large object in the middle. It was covered in pretty flowers and ivy. Something you'd find in a fairytale.

"Shit..." I whispered unable to take my eyes off it. The clearing stared to light up a bit.

"Language!" Patton and Emile half yelled.

"German" Damian replied also looking at the wall of flowers and ivy.

I walked up to it and pushed away with ivy. It was indeed the mirror. The urban legend was true so far.

"O-ok... it's here... can we go?" Virgil mumbled sounding unsure. I couldn't see him in the reflection of the mirror.

I turned to see if he wasn't in the view of the mirror suddenly feeling anxious and unsure. I didn't see Virgil. Or anyone. I couldn't hear them as well.

"Guys?!" I yelled looking around frantically. Surely they wouldn't just leave. "Come on this isn't funny!" I said more desperate.

I turned my attention back to the mirror. I saw my reflection. But something was different.

Turning my head I saw half of it covered in blood. It was dripping down to my neck.

I heard someone yelling but I couldn't look away. In the mirror I saw fire... an accident of some sort. The sound of ambulance sirens and heart monitors filled my ears.

I looked down and rejection university applications were at my feet. And books.

Pages started ripping and disappearing. 

My fear... unable to retain information due to an accident. I teared up all of it becoming too much. I heard someone yelling my name. They sounded angry.

"I-I'm sorry..." I yelled back breaking down crying. Why? I don't cry! I don't have emotions. A stupid mirror.

Pattons PoV

I saw Logan stare at the mirror for a minute before breaking down crying.

He was fine earlier. What did the mirror do to him? I felt mad unable to know why he was crying.

I walked up to him and put a hand on his shoulder. "Logan? What's wrong?"

I looked at the mirror and just saw us. Nothing terrifying. I pulled him away as he was apologising.

As soon as we were away from the mirror he stopped crying. He looked around confused. He seemed to be confused seeing us. He pulled me into a tight hug, which I returned gratefully.

When he let go I walked to the mirror curious. What did he see?

I looked at it for a minute. I turned my head to where I left Logan.
"See Logan. Nothing is there..." my voice trailed off. Nothing was in the mirror. And he wasn't there. I laughed a bit.

"Ok? Who stole Logan?" I looked around waiting for an answer. No one replied. No one was there.

I looked back at the mirror and Logan was stood there. In front of me. His lips were blue and his hair was soaking wet.