What are you gonna do? Huh?

He followed me to the other side of the room next to a couple of groups of different zodiac signs.
There was a small group of Aquarius.
A fairly large friend group that consisted of Aries and Leo's.
And a four person group that was 2scorpios, a Libra, and a Gemini.
We sat down on the small wooden table, the chairs making a hushed squeak.
we sat and attempted to make conversation that no one around us would question.
"so, I like your outfit. Like the uhhh... Old man vibe." I started.
"and you look like Sherlock Holmes." he replied with a slight chuckle.
"well holmes must have impeccable taste." I added, taking a small sip of coffee.
After that Jackson nearly choked on his coffee, causing me to giggle a little.
After our mini laughing fit, a person from the table of leos and aries stands up.
He had a fairly small pin on his left breast pocket with the Aries symbol.
He approached the table, Jackson surely took notice as he was sneaking glances at him and me.
The individual looks at me, then at Jackson, then me, then back at Jackson.
"he- hey your new right?" he starts.
His face seemed condescending, like he wasn't asking as a courtesy but as a slight insult or tease.
"yeah? Why?" Jackson cautiously replied, not making eye contact with the man directly.
"ah, so you're the fag." the man said with a chuckle.
I felt disgusted by that man's words, he said it like he didn't care what the consequences would be.
Jackson stood up and followed with an "excuse me?" in a very scary tone.
"what are you gonna do? Huh?" the man said, laughing between words now. I saw some people at his table leave while others were laughing and hyping him up.
The guy changed his tone to a low, threatening and almost whispering tone and said
"punch me, pretty boy." bluntly.
Jackson grabbed the collar of his shirt, towering over the man's shorter stature.
Jackson raised his fist and was about to swing.
It's like time slowed down at that moment.
I ran over and pushed the guy Jackson was holding out of his grasp and pulled Jackson behind his seat.
"if you wanna fight, it should be for a better reason, punk." I said bluntly and clearly.
I grabbed Jackson's forearm, he looked terribly scary at that moment. I started forcing Jackson to follow me up to my room so we could talk.
I shoved past the guy and went straight, listening to his group laugh at seemingly nothing.
Jackson began mumbling things along the lines of "I'm gonna kick their ass if it's the last thing I do" while we walked up the stairs.
We power walked down the hallway to my room.
I unlocked the door and shoved Jackson inside, him still boiling.
I took a deep breath and sighed.
"i have no idea if I should ask what the hell was that or if I should give you a hug."

I shut the door, Jackson sat down on my bed and placed his hands on his face.
He didn't seem like he was mad anymore, but his anger was replaced by a mix of sadness, disappointment, and an uncharacteristic nervousness.
Arguably worse than anger.
"I'm so sorry you had to see that, I'm sorry I just couldn't control my self I'm so so so sorry."
Jackson mumbled through his hands, I could tell he was probably holding back tears.
I didn't know that Jackson was so sensitive to these types of insults, or maybe I think that because I get called all types of names and rarely react.
"Hey, hey it's fine you're fine." I walked over to Jackson and sat beside him.
He took his head out of his hands and shut his eyes.
He opened them and looked into my eyes, his eyes were full of pain, it was hurting me badly.
"jasmine, there's something I haven't told you... Well it's more of a personal story but I think it's important that you know this. It might help explain why I reacted so poorly."
"go on"