1 | Starting A New Life

Vasistha called Roshan's office at 5 PM as his mobile was switched off "Mam... Sir is in a meeting. I can't interrupt him." Tara, Roshan's secretary, apologised. "In that case tell him to come to our farmhouse whenever he's done with his meetings," Vasistha concluded by ending the call without giving any further information.

At 7 PM when Roshan completed his meeting Tara informed him about Vasistha's call, making him panic "Why didn't you inform me 2 hours ago?" Roshan shouted out of shock. "But Sir, you told me not to interrupt as this meeting is important for our company!" she explained "Damn with the meeting... Nothing is more important than Vasistha for me," he exclaimed while walking towards the garage.

"Sir... Shall I drive?" the driver questioned, "No give me the keys." Saying that he immediately starts to drive towards their farmhouse at a speed of 120. Only Roshan knew how he was feeling right now. The trauma Vasistha has gone through in the past months has flashed in his eyes. His body is sweating even in the full AC car. At present he doesn't care about anything but Vasistha's safety.

'What would have happened if she went to the farmhouse? She hadn't been there before. So why? What made her go there? Is she safe?' all these thoughts were running in his mind. The moment he reached the farmhouse he rushed out of the car running into the farmhouse where he found no guards and other maids. When he was about to open the door, it opened by itself making his feet tremble. Making the fear in him increase more. He doesn't want to lose Vasistha again.

"Vasistha-" Before he could continue to call for her he saw Vasistha climbing down the stairs smiling wearing a silk pastel blue churidar. Making him grit his teeth "Have you gone mad Vasistha? Do you realise what you did? I was going crazy for you and you are climbing down with a smile?" he said with utter disappointment wiping the sweat from his face.

"I'm sorry..." She whispered with a sad face. "I thought we both could spend some alone time," she whispered slowly making him sigh while fidgeting her fingers. "That's ok Vasistha but don't ever dare to pull a stunt like again. I was on the verge of getting a heart attack " he said with a dry chuckle taking her into a hug.

A few moments into the hug "Wait! What did you say?" he questioned, still hugging her. Hiding her face in his chest "We both could spend some alone time" she whispered making him smile. Breaking the hug "You sure!?" he questioned hiding his smile for which she nodded her head biting her lower lip.

"Now go get freshened. I prepared dinner for us." She said, making him smile. "But-" before we could continue "We have the whole night to talk... Now go, I'm feeling hungry," she said with a pout making him chuckle.

The moment he came out after getting freshened wearing a white colour track suit he found Vasistha arranging dishes on the dining table. Seeing him she smiled at him "Come..." she whispered. He didn't observe her when he arrived but she's looking beautiful in that pastel blue suit making his orbs darken. Gulping, he neared the dining area his nostrils were hit with the armour of the dishes she cooked.

"Wow... Shrimp scampi pasta, cheesy eggplant parmesan, gnocchi in arrabbiata sauce, cheesy potato casserole. Smells so good." he said while inhaling the good smell of the food, making her smile a little and feeling shy.

All of this is new to her. In fact both of them. Yes, they both were married. All the chaos and the realisations she had, made her realise what she has been missing. They both used to talk but in a formal way. Nothing more than good morning and good night. 'Wasn't it you who brought all the nonsense into your life?' her inner self mocked making tears pool in her eyes.