Katherine's Story

Before meeting Darren, Katherine was a regular young woman who was born in a rich and sophisticated family. She always got everything she wanted. On the other hand, Darren lived in a lower socioeconomic group and isn't as rich as Katherine.

The two of them meet at a charity event held exclusively for those in Darren's neighbourhood. As Katherine's father is the head of a multi-million pharmaceutical company, he is sponsoring the entire event. Katherine gives a speech at the event, and this causes Darren to completely fall in love with her. Darren tries to approach her that day but Katherine does not respond to his feelings.

By chance, Darren and Katherine meet up again at a convinience store.

"Hey! Aren't you the lady who gave the awesome speech at the charity event?" asked Darren.

"Do I know you?" asked Katherine.

"Of course you do! I was there at the event and I found you really attractive."

"Stop doing that," said the annoyed Katherine, "I don't want to have anything with you. Please just go away!" And Katherine walks away from Darren.

Darren does not give up despite being rebuffed. He discovers her house and visits Katherine every single day to woo her. He buys her some expensive presents as well for her.

Katherine becomes sick of it and tells Darren, "I do not want any of your gifts! I just want to maintain a simple life until I'm 30ish! Just leave me alone and stop wasting my money!"

Darren still does not give up and tries his best to win her over. He introduces himself to Katherine's parents, and immediately states that he is interested in her daughter. Katherine thinks that her parents will not agree, but to her surprise, her parents agree with Darren's proposal as they believe that he is the "boyfriend" that she is talking about all the time. Katherine is angered at her parents' actions but can't do anything as her parents will be angry at her if she reveals that he is not the boy. She reluctantly agrees, and Darren winks at her in delight.

As their marriage date is fixed, Darren decides to spend more time with Katherine as he wants Katherine to be interested with him. However, this backfires, as Katherine wants to free herself and does not want to get committed in the marriage.

"Listen Darren," says Katherine, "I don't want to marry you and I already told you a billion times that I love you. So stop pretending that we're husband and wife."

"But Katherine," replies Darren, "If you didn't want to get married to me, you should have at least said something to your parents when we met them. I thought silence meant that you agree to the union."

"To hell with that! I never loved you and never will."

"Fine Katherine," begins Darren, "I will give you until the wedding to think about our union. If, by the 30th of May you are still unhappy at our marriage, I will allow you to not get married to me. But if you don't say anything, then I assume you're okay with it."

"That's a good deal," replies Katherine.

"Then let's shake hands to it!"

As the days go by, Katherine spends time with Darren and slowly begins to have romantic feelings for him. Katherine then realizes that she is in love with Darren and decides to break the promise. On the day of the wedding, Darren is waiting for her but Katherine rushes in and kisses him as she is happy to be with him. The happy couple get married as they promise to stick together forever.

After getting married, their marital life takes a turn for the worse. Darren's business fails miserably until the fact that he has to resort to take loans from loan sharks. He does this without consulting his wife. This has severe consequences as he is unable to repay the loans, causing the loan sharks to go after him. Katherine learns about this and is shocked. Thankfully, with her father's help, she is able to repay the loan sharks and tells them to leave them alone.