Can He Change Fate?

Bryan and Katherine develop a close bond as Katherine begins to stay longer in his place. When either one of them recall their unfortunate life experiences, they console each other. Katherine too does not speak to Darren during this time and it eventually extends into a month.

The month after the fight, Darren begins to miss Katherine and wants to find her. On the other hand, Bryan begins to leave the office earlier than usual. Darren tries to meet him but Bryan always 
makes excuses not to meet him. Darren begins to suspect that Bryan is hiding something. He investigates and learns that Katherine is living at his place. He mistakenly concludes that they are having an affair and is angered.

"How the hell could you have the guts to let my wife stay with you? You think you could get away with all this?"  said Darren as he slapped Bryan.

"Darren, what are you doing?" said Bryan, "What are you talking about?"

"I know that my wife is staying at your place and I know something is happening between you two."

"It's not at all what you think," began Bryan, "The only reason Katherine is at my place is because she is sick of you!"

"Oh really? Then perhaps she didn't tell you that I'm firing you!"

Bryan was shocked. How the hell in the world could Darren resort to fire him?

"But how can you fire me? You know that I will never do anything like that to break the trust that people have given me."

"BULLSHIT! I have seen people and trusted them, but they have all turned out to decieve me. And you think that you are the exception? Get out of my damn office and don't ever come back here begging for your job again!"

Bryan walked away before remarking, "Alright Darren, I won't come back again. Before that, I just want to say; treat your wife with respect before she goes away from you forever! Don't ever do what I Did!" However, Darren chose to ignore this remark.

Bryan is saddened that Darren has fired him although he has been working there for more than four years. To top it off, when Katherine learns about the incident, she decides to move out of his apartment as she unknowingly feels guilty. This leaves Bryan all alone, and without a companion, he is miserable.

Laura gives Bryan a call from Los Angeles one day. Bryan explains his predicament to his sister.

"I try giving help to people but in the end it backfires," remarks the sad Bryan.

"What is the rationale behind helping Katherine and Darren?" asks Laura.

"I just don't want Darren to end up with the same fate as I did. You know how much I suffered after Vanessa died."

"But why do so? Look at what happened when you helped them. Darren fired you from the job that you had for four straight years. And after giving her all of the advice, Katherine moved out saying that she was uncomfortable with you."

Bryan realized that his sister was right. 

"Well in that case, what am I supposed to do?" asked Bryan.

"Stop worrying about their problems. You've tried your best to convince Darren, but it didn't work. That's the same thing we all tried to do to you but you too didn't listen."

"Then what about Katherine? I feel really bad for her having to go through all the suffering."

"You can't do anything about it Bryan," remarked Laura, " Honestly, what goes around will come back around. You treated Vanessa like shit, and in the end she left you forever."

"So you're suggesting for me to just ignore them and let time take its course?" asked Bryan

"Yes, you should. Darren will learn his lesson by himself and he doesn't need you to tell him that. Even if it involves death, there will come a time where he will realize his mistake. Whether or not its too late is not ours to tell."