Chapter 3. Lock down.

~No one's P.O.V~

"Come on, Meatlug!" Fishlegs shouted to his beloved dragon as her speed increased at the praise, the Dragon Riders flew in a group.

Snotlout flew by Gothi's house, scaring her Terrible Terrors, when they landed again, Gothi took one up in her arms lovingly, stroking its back while another landed on her helmet, yawning.

Snotlout decided to fly by with his Monstrous Nightmare again, scaring the Terrible Terrors away. She nearly stumbled over her own feet before grunting in irritation, shaking her fist at the black haired male and his dragon.

"Oi, Stoick!" A man called to the Chief, who were making his way to the crowded blacksmith.

"Hey, how are you?" The man replied with a wave.

"Beautiful day." Stoick greeted another villager, maneuvering through the crowd.

"Hello, Spitelout. Great race." The Chief said once he walked by the grumbling Viking, placing his hand on his protected shoulder.

While focusing on Spitelout, Stoick nearly dumped into another villager with a baby Gronckle in her arms, cuddling close to her, "Oh, sorry, Mrs. Ack." He apologized the woman, entering the blacksmith.

"Any sign of him?" Stoick asked his trusted friend, Gobber, who was sharpening a golden tooth.

"Ah, he's with Y/n, and she's probably flown off the edge of the world by now." Gobber responded to the man, approaching a blue Zippleback, "You sure you want that kid running the village? You can still delay your retirement." Gobber told him, fixing the golden tooth to sit just right in the Zippleback's mouth.

"Oh, he's ready. You'll see." Stoick told his friend, sure of the choice he had taken.

Suddenly, the crowd around the blacksmith broke out into a cheers when they saw the two Night Furies fly just over their heads in high speed, both landing by the entrance of the blacksmith.

"Haha! There he is!" Stoick nudged Gobber with his shoulder, a grin on his face, proving his point, "Huh? The Pride of Berk!"

Hiccup was the first to get off, taking his helmet off, he placed it on the hook of the saddle before he went to Y/n, taking a hold of her hand to help her down, even when the both knew she didn't need the help.

She pulled down her mask and hood, revealing her pink lips and (h/l) (h/c) hair to the crowd.

Hiccup held Y/n's hand in his own as he made his way to his father, wanting to tell him the news at once.

"Who finally decided to show up for work." Gobber said, removing his mask before playfully swinging his hammer at the couple, making them both having to dodge.

"Sorry. Got held up." Hiccup excused, holding his hand up to get the man to stop as they walked past him before rushing to his father.

"Hey, Dad, could I have a word?" Hiccup asked his father, pushing a basket hanging from the ceiling away.

"Something you're itching to tell me?" Stoick asked with a chuckle, placing a hand on each of Hiccup's shoulders.

Hiccup began shaking his head as Stoick wrapped his arm around his shoulders, pulling him along and unwillingly making him let go of Y/n's hand, "Not quite the itch you're thinking of, but yes." The brunette told his father as he got handed a brown apron, which he quickly put back on a hook.

"Good man!" Stoick said to his son, heading for the front desk, "Now, lesson one. A Chief's first duty is to his people. So..." Stoick picked up one of the wooden cards on the wall, checking the number, before shouting out, "Forty-one?" He called out to the villagers waiting for their saddles to be made.