Chapter 12. A Goodbye That Broke A Heart.

~No one's P.O.V~

Hiccup's throat clenched, making it hard to breath from his position in his father's arms.

Hiccup trashed around in his arms, forcing them off of him only to stumble forward, barely able to regain his footing as he made his way over to the ice, panting for air to get to his lunges fast enough.

"Y/n!" He screamed after the girl as he threw himself onto his knees by the ice, "Y/n!" He called again, his sweating palms touching against the freezing ice, "Toothless..."

Valka, who was panting from running, came over to her husband's side, who sadly watched as Hiccup pounded his hands against the ice over and over, "Come on!" He cried out, his fists only managing to get small pieces of the thick layer of ice to break.

Valka walked over to her son, kneeling down behind him, her hands landing on his shoulders to add the little comfort she could.

Stoick began to walk forward, but his steps were slower as he stared at Shadow, whose pupils remained thinner than he had ever seen them. Showing off more of their blue color.

Tears had already escaped Hiccup's eyes by the time Stoick reached him, kneeling down by Hiccup's right side.

"No..." Hiccup shook his head furiously, "No no no no no!" He could feel his heart beat faster and faster as his tears fell, "Th-This... This WASN'T supposed to happen!" He screamed, leaning his forehead against the cold ice, "Please... Please, d-don't do this..." He begged, yet even he didn't know exactly who he begged to.

Valka took one of Hiccup's hands off the ice, holding his now cold hand drenched in cold sweat tightly in hers. Stoick placed his hand on the shoulder Valka had left open, warming his son up a bit.

"Hiccup," Valka tried to break her son's crying, "Hiccup, you need to calm down." She said softly, turning his head to look at her. Valka looked down briefly, letting her thumb softly caress his knuckles.

Hiccup looked down at his hand,tears still slowly dropping from his eyes as he saw the bruises from his pounding on the ice slowly forming.

His gaze raised from his hand to his mother, "B-But we have to get her out." He stated, his voice shaken and breaking. He sucked his breath in once Valka slowly began shaking her head. Small tears forming in the corners of her eyes.

The Bewilderbeast stared at the ice that covered the DragonBorn and one of her best friends, sad eyes on it before he turned away, knowing bad things would happen if he disobeyed his master.

Shadow's eyes slowly turned to their normal self, her pupils turning from thin slits to round circles, her once stiff posture changed into a more relaxed one as she looked behind her, where the other Riders were landing.

Gobber stood by Stoick's side, quickly getting his helmet off to show his grief and respect.

"Come on, Son." Stoick's voice was warm as his light grip on Hiccup's shoulder turned a little tighter, trying to pull him up from his knees.

"No!" The male denied, keeping his sitting position, "IT'S NOT FAIR!" He tried to look through the ice, seeing if he could even see any of the figure through it, "It's not! It's not fair... It's not."