NaNoWriMo 26: Is NaNoWriMo Over?

Is National Novel Writing Month over?  Officially, yes, but not for me.  My official word count is 62,486 for the month of November.  Every word of that was written in November, and they are all posted in The First Jumper.  

I’m going to keep going, though, because my novel isn’t finished.  I’m just now finally getting back to where the parts I’ve been writing are coming around to match up with the scene list I wrote at the beginning.  Briar has just been introduced, and we are finally beginning to wind around to the final crisis.

I intend to keep posting first draft on Wattpad as I write it, and I intend to continue to journal here as I do, and as I revise and publish (although the first draft will stay on Wattpad as it is.)

In the story, I’ve been distracted by the degree to which the tribe obsesses over mates and who belongs to whom, yet I suspect that tribes which didn’t obsess over those things died out (or were killed off.)  The main crisis goes in a very different direction from that track.

For my friends doing NaNoWriMo, I say again to make sure the main body of your work is NOT on Wattpad; you have no backup on here.  Write it elsewhere, and post it to here.

If you have been doing your main work on Wattpad, go into your story, chapter by chapter, edit, and copy all to somewhere else.  Then make sure your somewhere else is backed up, too.  I once lost a 400-page book from a hard drive failure (and it was backed up, but the backup media failed, too.)

Thank you for continuing to read and vote!

Brian Groover
Frederick, Maryland
Monday,  1 December 2014