Chapter 1-When the stars align

It's not a surprise to Alissa when they say she'll never make it to college, in fact, she hears that everyday. Maybe it's the universe that's treating her cruelly, maybe it's human nature. Whatever it is, Alissa has learnt to live with it. It has become a part if her, a big part of her that without it, Alissa may never see the world in the same perspective she sees it now. It could be her pessimistic side of her that makes her see things negatively or it could be the environment she grew up in.
She thinks that bottles being thrown, glass being shattered at home is a normal thing. She thinks that getting bruises all over her body because glass was shattered is a normal thing. But what she doesn't know is that it's not a normal thing at all. Alissa has longed to see the other side of the empty town she lived in. The rich side of town. The side where laughter erupts everywhere, the side where Stanley Jensens lives. Stanley Jensens, a Straight A student, filled with sunshine. On the outside, he seems like a completely normal kid but something raw was boiling underneath the surface, underneath the wall that he built so nobody could see the true him. Stanley was different from Alissa in many ways. Stanley isn't marked with scars, Stanley has a perfect family. Alissa isn't filled with joy and sunshine, Alissa isn't a Straight A student. Alissa definitely hates cucumbers. On the surface, they're both like water and oil. Never getting along with each other. That might seem to be the case to many but perhaps only the both of them understand each other. Maybe we'll only know when the stars align, or when they both finally meet.