Chapter 3-Comfort and someone to talk to

-Stanley-
"I don't want to be a lawyer!" Stanley yells, running a frantic hand through his messy, dirty blond hair.
"I don't care what you want!" Stanley's dad, Jacob, shouts. Stan clenches his jaw, so his dreams don't matter now?
"Jacob!" His mother, Kassidy's, voice echoes throughout the mansion. She enters the living room. Furniture was strewn about the living room, a cut was bleeding from Stan's hand. Kassidy stares at her son's bleeding hand.

"Go clean up Stanley, I'll talk to your dad." Kassidy excuses Stanley and he sprints out the living room. Stanley finds the first-aid kit and bandages his hand. He overhears his parents' conversation.

"That foolish boy doesn't want to be a lawyer." Jacob exclaims. Muffled voices fills the house as Stanley wear his coat. He does not want to stay home. Stanley slowly slips out of the house without making a sound. Once he was out, he ran. Just ran, all his worries seem to fade the more he ran. Stan's legs got tired so he slows down, listening to his ragged breath as he came to a halt in front of a playground.

Then he collides with someone. Stan falls onto the ground with a loud "thud".

"Watch your way!" Stan snaps, standing up and dusting the dust off himself. He looks down at the person he collided with. A girl. He ran into a girl.

-Alissa-

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't watching my way. God I'm such a mess, I am deeply sorry-" Alissa rambles on.

"It's alright," the boy stretches out his hand. Alissa looks up at him, confused.

"Thanks?" She says, not knowing what is happening. She looks down at his hand. A bandage and the bandage is bandaged wrongly, hastily.

"Your bandage. It's wrapped wrongly." Alissa spoke flatly. The blue-eyed boy looks down at his left hand.

"Oh." Was all he said. Alissa leads him to a bench. He looks at her, in a way no boy ever did. The look he gave her made her feel, not necessarily uncomfortable but she didn't feel good either.

"I-I'll help you." She stammers, taking his left hand in hers.

"Sure..." the boy says uncertainly, letting Alissa do her work.

Once Alissa finish bandaging the boy's hand, he thanks her.

-Stanley-

This strange girl who Stan met 5 minutes ago was helping him bandage his hand. If Stan's dad was here, he would call Stanley pathetic. A pathetic fool who is letting a girl help him. But Stan doesn't care. The girl, with the same eye colour as him, seems like a decent and nice person.

"There." She says, the corner of her mouth turning up as if she was proud of her work. Stan looks down at his hand, the bandaged was secured with a bow. He grins.

"Thank you. I'm Stanley Andrews. You?" Stan stretches out his good hand.

"Alissa, with an 'I' instead of "Y'. Alissa Chloe Robertson." The mysterious girl shakes Stanley's hand. Alissa. That's a, graceful name. Stanley was confused, why was she out so late?

"If you don't mind me asking, why are you out so late?" Stanley asks, Alissa shrugs.

"My dad, who left the family called. He wanted forgiveness, called my mother and I bitches. I was angry so I hung up and ran to this side of the town." She states simply, her eyes staring out at the empty space in front of them. Her voice was so blunt and emotionless yet her eyes were filled with sadness and a hint of anger. The other side of town huh? She's from the 'poorer' side of town. Stanley concludes. A part of him wanted to walk away from her and leave her there alone but another part of him wanted to help her.

"I'm sorry, for asking." Stanley manages to choke out, Alissa looks over at him before shaking her head.

"It is perfectly fine," Alissa smiles, "and I could ask you the same thing."

"Well, my parents were arguing. I mean, my dad and I were arguing and he was throwing the living room furniture and one of the wooden chairs broke and that's how I got the cut on my hand." Stanley finishes, Alissa shudders.

"That's pretty brutal and that cut, it's deep. You may want to see a doctor." She tells him, Stan nods.

They talk, both of them comforting each other.

"I better get going. My mom may be waiting." Alissa says abruptly, Stanley nods. His heart ached, he didn't want her to go so soon but when he saw the time, 11pm, he was shocked.

They both part ways and soon, the memory of them ever meeting floated to the back of their minds. The both of them never mentioning or thinking about each other.