Chapter 2-Bullshit and lies

-Alissa-

"Mom, why are you drinking again?! Stop, don't take another gulp of that liquid!" Alissa pulls the glass bottle out of her mom's hands. "Stop;Give it back, you foolish child!" The drunken lady reached aimlessly at the Alissa's hands, her face was wet from her tears. Alissa didn't think before dashing towards the kitchen where she dumps the entire bottle of alcohol into the garbage bag. Alissa is just a mere 16 year old but sometimes it felt like she was older than her mother. You might be thinking that Alissa should have left the alcoholic woman a long time ago. However, she might have not been the same age as her mother but she knew the pain her mother felt. Her father had left the family when she was younger, it felt like a piece of her heart had been missing ever since he abandoned them. Not only her heart but her entire life growing up. Pain felt at a young age was indescribable, her mother had told her, then, that her father was going on a holiday. But...he didn't come back for days, weeks, months and eventually years. Alissa kept telling herself that he would come back and their family would become a whole again. Complete and perfect, like how Cinderella got her happily ever after. But then again, you never know what goes on behind every happily ever after. Cinderella might have been abused by the prince or even might have committed suicide but she hides the pain behind her smile. A smile that should have been genuine and happy, a smile that shouldn't have been forced.

-Stanley-
"Son? Wake up this instant!" Stanley's mother yells, knocking incessantly on his room door. Stanley shuffles towards the door and flings it open. "What Ma? I'm up, geez." Stanley snaps at the fragile woman in front of him. He's now towering over his mother who looks up at him, fire in her eyes.
"Don't you dare talk back to me young man, I'm still your mother whether you like it or not." Stanley's mother hisses, "Hurry up and get dressed before your father gets home!"
Stanley slams the door, the entire house shaking as the door shuts loudly. The tall boy leans against the now closed door, sighing in frustration. How did he and his mother get this hostile? They were fine before, why now?
(Time Skip)
-Alissa-
The phone rings. Alissa picks it up, her mom was asleep on the couch. Bottles of beer surround her.
"Hello?" Alissa answers, feeling her heartbeat increase as the person on the other line reply.
"Alissa? Where's your mother? I heard your birthday's coming up. Is she still drunk as usual?" Alissa's dad, Leonard, the dad that abandoned her and her mother.
"She, it's none of your concern." Alissa hisses. She felt anger bubbling up in her. Her dad lets out a breathy chuckle.
"Okay kiddo, don't need to get rude." Leonard laughs, but Alissa could tell he was nervous.
"Don't ever call this number again, dad. You weren't here for my last birthday and ever since you left, I was taking care of the house. You didn't do anything so stop trying to find forgiveness because I will never forgive you. You left mom, you left me, for some stupid mistress you met online. She probably catfished you but I don't care. You don't even understand the pain mom went through when you left, I mean, of course you don't. You're just a cold-hearted person who knows nothing about taking care of a family." Alissa snaps, her voice breaking.
"Very well then. Tell your mother to continue drinking, maybe one day she'll wind up dead. You're just like her, always so quick to jump to conclusions. You don't even know why I call you but it doesn't matter now. I hope you and your mother suffer, I didn't leave. She pushed me out so your suffering is on her. Not me. But you wouldn't care because you are just an insensitive, selfish bitch like your mother." Leonard says spitefully. Alissa scoffs, tears running down her cheeks.
"Don't ever call this number again." Was the last thing she says before hanging up the phone. Alissa storms out of the house.
As she ran, she cries. Letting out her frustrations, her confusion, her emotions that were tearing her apart inside. Alissa didn't notice that she has arrived in the rich part of the town. She bumps into someone and fell on the ground.
"Watch your way!"