Chapter Six

Lunar's POV

After about a week or two in the cast, I finally got used to having it on, flexing my arm. I laughed with Mathis as we lay in the park. We were cloud-watching again, "What a stupid way to break my arm."

"You could always say you got attacked by a hawk, that'd be an awesome story." She shrugged nonchalantly as if that wasn't weird to say.

I scrunched my face and looked at her, "Why would I get attacked by a hawk?"

"Because you were trying to steal the eggs."

"What the fuck?" I cackled as she started giggling, sitting up and looking down at her, "You're wild, Matty."

My face went pale as I looked up, swallowing at the familiar black Cadillac. Mr. Lincoln and Mr. Hayes sat in it watching me quietly. Mr. Lincoln motioned me to come over to them, casually waving me over but in a slightly stern way, "W-We should get going."

"Are you alright, Lune?" Mathis asked with a cock of her brow, sitting up and looking where I was staring, "Come on, Lune. You can't avoid them forever!"

"I can sure as hell try," I murmured more to myself than her, a lump in my throat tightening as we both stood up.

"If you won't talk to them, I will," She huffed with her arms crossed, my face getting whiter as she started heading over there. My feet froze where I stood as I watched her come over to their Cadillac, stopping and bending down to them. She was always more confrontational than me, especially with drama or fights. They spoke back to her, getting her to run over to me, "They would like to speak to you, Lune. They said it'd only take a moment and then we can go back to goofing off."

I shook my head vigorously as she grabbed my good arm, pulling me but failing to get me to budge. I put all my weight into my feet, digging them deep into the dirt and pulling my arm back, "Mm-mm, not happening! I have no intentions to speak to either of them, I do not care who they are."

I could hear the doors of the Cadillac slam shut, hearing the frustration from how hard the doors slammed. Getting my arm free, I gunned it down the hill, Mathis trying to stop me, "Lune, come back here and talk to them!"

Taking a very deep sigh, I walked into the pond, lifting my arm so the cast wouldn't get wet and heading to the center of it.

"Lune, what the fuck are you doing?!" Mathis yelled at me with a small laugh, "Get out of the pond! You're going to ruin your cast and get bit by snapping turtles!"

I crawled onto the little island that was in the center of the pond, hugging my knees as I looked at her with Mr. Hayes and Mr. Lincoln, panting quietly. I could see the humor in this, but I wasn't about to be cornered.

"Please, come back?!"

I vigorously shook my head, hugging myself tighter as I stared at them. I wasn't going to go anywhere near them, I didn't care if I had to live on this stupid little island!

"What are you? Chicken?"

I nodded, hollering back confidently, "I have a much tighter vagina than you! It's so very tight and I'm proud!"

She facepalmed, saying something to them both that got them to chuckle as she huffed, "Get over here or I'm calling your mother!"

"What the fuck is that going to do?!" I yelled, throwing my arms in the air chaotically, "Prove my vagina is even tighter than hers?! I live here now, thank you! Next, please!"

"I will tell her you're gay!" She'd never, it was just to get me to laugh and come off this damn isle. A failure.

"That's not going to get me to come off this island any faster! That'll just make me stay here for eternity!" I spat with a laugh. Laughing was the only thing I could do to keep from crying. My body was shaking, and I couldn't tell if it was because I was afraid or because I was cold from the water. I hated that looking at all three of them all I could see was annoyance...they were probably just worried, but my brain made it all look different, at least that's what I hoped.