Sound

Sound

Tate played his pen making a clicking sound on the blue notebook's page. He closed his eyes and heard Lily's TV blaring in the living room. She must be watching a soap opera, Tate thought. He also felt the gentle summer breeze rustling the tree's leaves just outside his window, and kids playing in the street, skateboards clattering as they banged against the pavement. Somehow he found it all relaxing, and he felt his heartbeat in sync with the sounds. Boom Boom, Click click.

He stopped searching for inspiration, and while staring wide-eyed at the blank paper, he carelessly wrote on his notepad something that because of his sloppy handwriting, it would only be clear before his own eyes and understandable only for his brain.

Up and down, in and out -

They make you spin till you f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ fall out.

Back and forth too and fro --They'll take you high then let you go.Joy and S̶A̶D̶N̶E̶S̶S̶sorrow love and hate -t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶e̶r̶e̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶they mix them up till its too late. PASSION TO POISONpleasure to pain -
-your stuck on the rideand the ride ends i̲ n̲ s̲ a̲ n̲ e̲

"How could someone who lived a thousand lives not be driven insane?"

Tate jumped up and hit his knee with the table, making his notepad and pen falling to the floor. Alexander let out a disturbingly creepy laugh which echoed between the walls on of his room. He joined his black tattooed hands together and smiled. Tate sometimes blurted things out before thinking. This was one of those times.

"I really want to punch you," Tate said, picking up both the notebook and the pencil.

"I really want to punch you." He said, picking up the notebook ad the pencil up.

Alexander did not move.

"What do you want?" He said, he had only seen Alexander once or twice before, the youngest one of the twelve and Piero's brother.

His first thought was that maybe he was going to tell him something about Cassie. His heart started racing. Boom Boom Boom Boom. And he made the clicking sound to go with it. Click click click click. His head went: Cassie, Cassie, Cassie, Cassie. Like a trio sonata, with his heart playing the lead.

An image of her practicing ballet appeared on his head, a soft and blurry vision of her moving around a room full of dancers, although she was the only one who stood out.

"You must listen to me before reacting, Tate."

Tate lifted up his head, his eyes widened. It was the first time a guardian had called him by his other name and not Icarus.

"You have two minutes."

"Don't worry it will take less."

Alexander moved around the room although his eyes never looked away from the boy who sat on his chair, holding a pen so tight that his hands had a pale bloodless yellow colour. "We had a meeting with the twelve guardians and I felt like--It's my duty to tell you what is going on up there."