Ballet

Ballet

        Cassie could hear the murmurs of other girls while stretching her legs in a corner. She could even feel the weird looks at the back of her neck, as if the red laser of a gun was pointing at her and about to shoot. Why were they staring at her? She hadn't done anything wrong and had no friends at the ballet class.

  Preferring to be alone, she didn't want to get attached to anyone. She was quiet and did her own thing. The girls thought that she was acting superior to them. Maybe she did understand why those girls looked at her, but that Monday evening Cassie couldn't stand it. She just wasn't up to pushing back by asking them what the hell they wanted.

  Cassie stood planning to walk up to the dancers, but instead looked at the clock again.  But there were three clocks, three chairs, three mirrors and three versions of herself on the mirror.

"Cassie. Cassie. Cassie. Cassie," Tate called to her.

  She lost control of her balance as well as her sight, the air in her lugs was gone and Cassie felt like she was underwater, weightless, with a freedom to move... even more that when she danced. 

  Though still physically at the dance studio, Cassie had entered Tate's mind. She saw a pen in his hand and then the floor. When he looked up there was a man in a cloak she could easily recognize, Alexander.

"You must consider what I have to say before reacting, Tate,"  the man warned.

  He talked with a monotonous tone spouting fake wisdom, unlike his brother, Piero, who chose his words carefully and always spoke them at the right time.  Cassie never liked him.

  Losing her balance in the midst of this out-of-body experience, she fell to the floor. The whole studio laughed. Cassie looked around and saw she was still in her ballet class. Confused and a little embarrassed, she grabbed her things and went home, asking herself over and over just what did Alexander say to Tate? Then it hit her, she was in Tate's mind for a few moments.

  The curse was getting even stronger. 

  Their bond was growing even stronger.

  She needed to do something immediately.