Introduction

I'm not quite sure how to start. I guess I should at least start out by introducing myself. My name is Erik. A long time ago, I met a man who referred to himself as The Seer. He gave me a prophecy:

"One day you shall meet the Luminary somewhere deep underground,

and if you help him,

you shall be forgiven."

I didn't think much of it after then. It always lingered somewhere in the back of my mind, but I never put myself out there to find this so called 'Luminary'. One day, after stealing the most prized possession of the Heliodor Kingdom, I wound up deep underground in a jail cell. 

That wasn't much of a surprise. I was a thief, anyways. Jails were basically my home.

After being in there for quite a while, I was mildly surprised when a newcomer got thrown into the cell across from mine. It took quite a lot of effort to be put so far down in the dungeon.

Hendrik, the king's right hand man, said a few words to the newcomer, calling him the 'Darkspawn' before he walked off with his servants trailing behind him.

The newcomer looked like any ordinary guy you would see on the streets. Straight, dark brown locks that fell to his shoulders. Piercing blue eyes. A regular traveler outfit that was dark purple with grey sleeves, and a greenish-tan pouch connect to his hip. His trousers were a dark tan color and his boots were a forest green.

Overall, he looked pretty normal. Even his hair was a normal color. I wonder what made him wind up down here...?

Instead of waiting a few days to try and get out, the newcomer began shaking the bars and fiddling with the lock outside his cage.

"Sheesh! Keep it down, will you? There goes the neighborhood..." I grumbled, mostly to myself as I turned my head away from him.

When he didn't stop, I said louder, "Will you keep it down in there? Most folks they throw in here have the decency to wait a while before going stir crazy."

I glanced over at him. With my hood hanging over my eyes, it was hard to see his expression. But at least he stopped shaking the cage.

I pointed at the ground. ""What are you in for, anyhow? You don't get free bed and board down here without having done something pretty bad."

He told me what he had done. Mostly about offending the king and-

Wait.

I sat up and uncrossed my arms and legs.

"Wait- did you say 'the Luminary'? You're serious?"

I couldn't believe this. That good for nothing strange man who suddenly appeared and told me my future had actually predicted it? Or was this dude just yanking my chain?

I stood up and faced him, mumbling to myself. "You're telling me that the Luminary has just shown up in the cell next to mine? This is crazy..."

Suddenly a Heliodor foot solider started walking down the hallway towards our cells. He was carrying of bowl of foul smelling food and his heavy armor made his footsteps echo loudly. He stopped in front of my cell and said, "One plate of delicious gruel for the gentleman in the dungeon suite! Come and get it!"