a friend

●◉◎◈◎◉●

●◉◎◈◎◉●

My eyes widened slightly at the school before me. It had a 'u' shape to it a large long plain of grass down the middle and along the sides. On the patch down the middle lay small shrubs that are about 10 feet apart and have a cone shape. On the side patches it had 3 trees each separated by about 15 feet. Near the entrance there was a crowd of students around a limo, it was filled girls.

Out of the limo stepped 6 boys and a girl who was much shorter than them. A few girl shot dirty looks to the platinum blonde female who looked down seemingly upset, while others payed her no mind and focused on the boys. A feeling that was familiar fell over me and something inside me moved my legs toward the crowd. There was tons of them and one of her, how was that fair.

"What a slut." a girl mumbled staring the shy girl down. Placing a hand on her shoulder she glared down at me in which I returned with a dead eyed look.

"Watch your tongue or else I'll cut it out." I said in a calm manner. That's the only way I really learned to talk to people. So if I say something it sometimes comes out the wrong way since I can't express myself properly.

"W-whatever freak." she responded back to me with a look of fear before walking away.

Turning back to the group of seven I noticed the sherbet eyed girl staring to me with an amazed expression. She looked back toward the boys and whispered something to the one with grey hair. He rolled his eyes and gave a small nod. Once more her eyes travelled to me as she ran over.

"T-thanks for sticking up for me." she said with a kind, warm smile.

"Ah, no worries." I responded back rubbing the back of my neck sheepishly.

"I'm Komori, Yui, I hope we can be friends." she said and bowed causing a new feeling to bubble within me.

"(L/n), (Y/n), you can call me (n/n) or (Y/n) instead of my last name." I said just loud enough for her to hear, "No need to bow though."

"Oh, I'm sorry." she said a bit embarrassed.

"Ah, no worries." I said reaching my hand to her hair ruffling it. Her face went from it's natural pale color to a bright pink.

We finally realized the crowd had dispersed and began walking in the school, "So um, what class do you have?" Yui asked looking up at me.

"Hm, if I'm not mistaken, math." I responded to her questioned, "Class 1-B if I a correct."

"Oh, Subaru has that class, let me show you." she said grabbing my hand leading me to the mentioned class.

●◉◎◈◎◉●

I stared at the class before me as the teacher had asked me to introduce myself. One boy stood out in particular, while the others had normal brown or black hair his was a beautiful white color that faded to pink. He glared at me with his piercing red eyes as if telling me to mind my own business. That was was when I took a deep breath and began my introduction.

"My name is (L/n) (Y/n), pleased to make your acquaintance." I began, "I hope we can become good friends, but don't let my blank expression turn you away, it's a condition of mine."

"Thank you Miss. (L/n), please take your seat beside Sakamaki, Subaru." the teacher said.

Right as that name left his mouth the white haired boy glared at me again and turned away to the window. I made my way down the isle of desks and sat in the seat beside him.

"Don't think we're gonna get all buddy buddy, you got that.." I heard a voice mumble. Turning to him I gave him a stern gaze.

"Wasn't planning on it, not my style." I responded back with the blank stare I've kept for so long.

With that sentence we both faced towards the teacher. I could tell, this was going to be a long four years.

"YOU MEAN MORE,
TO ME THAN,
YOU'LL EVER KNOW."