Rehearsal

The next day, I called the other band members to tell them to meet me at the studio to rehearse. They said they'd be there in about 20 minutes.

I kissed Juliet goodbye and got in the car, and headed to the studio. I've still been thinking about that dream, I guess I'm just nervous about having Taylor open up for us.

I see the studio and immediately turn into the parking lot, and put the car in the perfect spot. I get out and walk to the door and see the studio manager.

"What's up, Dave?"

"Nothing much, Andy. What are you doing here?" Dave grumbled.

"The band has another show tomorrow so we'll be rehearsing here for a few hours. Sorry I forgot to call you!"

"It's fine, Andy. Just try to be out of here before 8, the boss man'll fire me if I let you guys stay that long."

Just then, I see Jinxx and Ashley pull up.

"The guys are here. I promise we'll be out by 8. Maybe even 7:30." I wink.

CC pulls up and gets out of his convertable. "Hey Andy! Let's do this thing!" He yells.

"Where's Jake?" I ask.

"Oh, he's almost here. Had a fight with his girl. You know how that is."

"Yeah I feel him."

I see Jake's car come into the parking lot and he parks right at my feet. When he gets out, he looks a little beaten up.

"What'd Sapphire do to you?"

"We had a fight and I hit her... I didn't want to, but I did... She got super pissed and punched me. I guess I deserved that."

"Come on, man," I said. "Let's get you inside."

Dave holds the door for us.

"Dave, you don't happen to have an ice pack or something on you, do you?"

"The break room. Jay keeps one in the freezer to help keep the food cold, but you can use it. There's a rag in the bathroom, you can get it and wrap it around the ice pack to keep it from freezing his face."

"Ha-ha," Jake laughs.

We go into the studio and Ashley heads to the break room to get the ice pack, while I go to the bathroom to get the rag. I walk in and suddenly look at myself in the mirror. I look exhausted again. I smell something fishy. I look around. This bathroom is very unsanitary. The walls are brown with little lines of wear on them, and they are peeling. There's only one roll of toilet paper and the end of it is ripped to shreds. The toilet has brown stuff surrounding the inside of the bowl. The floor overall is disgusting. A cockroach crawls across the floor, and as I step on it, I hear it crunch. Nasty. I turn back around to the sink which is probably the cleanest thing in here and find the rag. I pick it up and walk out of the bathroom.

I walk around the studio for a few minutes to find the guys, and they are in the break room. Ashley is holding the ice pack while Jinxx sits across from CC and Jake at the long table in front of me.

"What took you so long?" Jinxx asks.

"I took in the disturbing scent of the bathroom and walked around for a few minutes to try and find you guys." I said, tossing the rag to Ashley, who wraps it around the ice pack and hands it to Jake.

"Thanks," Jake says.

"You gonna be okay to rehearse with us?" CC asks.

"Yeah. I'm just bruised a little but I'm fine."

"Alright. You guys wanna keep the same set list?" I ask.

"Yeah," the band says in unison.

We all walk to the back room where bands come to rehearse, and while walking, I say, "The Pretty Reckless is opening up for us tomorrow. This is gonna be great."

"The Pretty Reckless?" Jake asks. "Man. That chick Taylor Momsen can sing. Got a rocking body too. She's pretty hot."

"This is gonna be one awesome show," says CC.

We enter the back room and get our equipment set up, and start off playing "In the End."