Chapter 42

| Savanna |

"If Damien hadn't-"

We were interrupted by Jason who walked back in to the room, pulling his phone away from his ear as he looked at me.

"That was work, I have a meeting that I have to er, get to, I will pick you up later, is that fine?" He announced as he looked at my mom. I didn't believe that he had a meeting because well, Jason was the one who set up meetings according to his time. He didn't wait around for other people, he made his own agendas. But obviously, there was a reason why he couldn't announce the real reason, in front of my mom.

"Yes... that's fine" I told him as I turned to look at my mom who stood up to give Jason a hug goodbye.

"Thank you, for bringing her back to me" She spoke.

Jason nodded, reassuringly before turning to look at me before he left the room.

"Mom, I'll be back" I told her before leaving the room to see him in the hallway. I quickly walked towards him, my limp not helping as he turned around to look at me.

"Slow down, Savanna" He said watching me approach him.

"Where are you going?" I asked, straight forwardly. I think secrets were the last thing we needed to be having. He sighed, "Ryan called, I have to deal with somebody" I was surprised he was even telling me this but I wasn't complaining. "And nobody else can do it? Why do you have to leave now?" I asked.

He stepped forward and placed his hands on my cheeks, caressing them with his thumbs. "I wouldn't leave you if I knew you were going to be alone. I know your mom missed you and you missed her just as much. I have to do this and I'll be back soon, okay?" He explained making me slowly nod.

"I love you" He muttered pressing his lips against my forehead. I closed my eyes sighing deeply as I resisted that sudden urge to cry- I know, I sounded so annoying.

"I love you too" I whispered as he looked at me before turning away, leaving. I turned back and went back to the living room where my mom no longer was and so I went to the kitchen and my guess was correct because there she was, in her favourite part of the house. The kitchens island looked like a buffet, filled with food, with my mom standing proudly by it.

"It's everything you love, timsed 10" She exclaimed, grinning from ear to ear.

I hadn't had a real meal in a very long time. I ate, of course, since I've been back but only in small amounts- I couldn't stomach more than a few spoonfuls of food and I didn't understand why. It was like anytime I ate and I would instantly feel some kind of pain in my body, or even mentally. Although, I missed eating everything I could possibly find because I loved food so much and Jason and I always binge ate, I didn't have the appetite anymore.

"And we have guests!" She cheered making me turn around to see my sister, Sofia and her daughter, Ari. Who also happened to be the cutest little girl to ever exist, and the only one who could bring a smile to my face even in times like this- other than Jason of course.

"Be careful, Ari!" Sofia yelled as Ari came stumbling in, I looked down at her as she looked up at me, her big green eyes gazing at me as a smile hit her face.

"Vanna!" Her voice cooed, raising her arms for me to pick her up. I came down to her level, realising if I did try and pick her up id be in severe pain and I didn't want to wince in pain in front of Sofia, who I could feel was staring at me. I crouched down, smiling at the little angel ahead of me, "Did you miss me?" I asked as she attacked me with a hug.

"Yes Vanna!" She exclaimed as I looked up at Sofia, hesitantly.

"Where is Jason?" She asked, frowning as she played with my hair. I paused, glancing up at Sofia who was already looking at me, before I turned to look back at Ari. "He's at work, he'll be back soon and you can annoy him all you want then"