To the End

"If you marry me, would you bury me? Would you carry me to the end?"

( Lyric credit: To the End by MCR)

(Age five)

"I bet I could jump higher than you," Rey smirked at the wide-eyed boy. She began jumping up and down, attempting to beat him.

"That's not fair," Ben said laughing. "Your small and weak. I'm strong and you could never beat me," he said jumping up, only jumping slightly higher than Rey.

"No fair," Rey said crossing her arms. "I'm clearly stronger. I'm Super Girl."

"More like Super Weak," Ben said laughing.

"You're mean. I'm going to tell my mom on you," Rey said smugly.

"No, please no," Ben said looking scared. "I don't want to get in trouble."

Rey smiled softly. "Joking silly. Just don't say that again and maybe you can be Super Man."

"I'd rather be Bat Man," Ben said smiling.

(Age 8)

"Rey! Smile for your picture!" Rey's grandpa said trying to be enthusiastic. "You look great and it's your first day of third grade!"

"I miss mom and dad," the girl said staring down at the floor. "When will they be home?"

Leaning down, Rey's grandfather smiled and hugged the small girl. "Just think about how awesome your first day of school will be. New year, new grade, new you."

"I want mom."

"Baby, I can't do that. You can go hang out with Ben, though. We are going to meet him at the bus stop so you can ride the bus with him."

Rey nodded and grabbed her backpack. It was light blue and had flowers on it. Grabbing her grandfathers hand she walked out of the house and down to the corner of the street where Ben and his mom were.

"You look nice," Ben said as Rey approached. "I like your hair."

"Thank you," Rey said smiling softly. Her grandma put her hair in three buns and she was worried on how it looked.

Maybe this year wouldn't be so bad.

(Age 11)

"Rey, how do I look?"

"You look fine," Rey said laughing at Ben. "Your shirt is a little wrinkled but that's nothing, it adds to the look."

"Do you think people will like it though?"

"No ones going to know your bands, Ben. But Tool is pretty cool so anyone that doesn't know that isn't worth your time."

"This is why you're my best friend," Ben said grinning as he threw on a pair of shoes. "I wonder if middle school will be fun."

"Well we have each other so no matter what, we will always have something good." Rey said as she brushed Ben's hair.

"You don't have to brush my hair," Ben said blushing ever so slightly so Rey couldn't see.