Eight

-Let's start the journey--unknown-—————————————————-

-unknown-
—————————————————-

I opened my eyes. When I heard something fall onto the ground. I was sitting in my chair watching the kid walk over to Mando. I didn't say anything to Mando because I had a feeling he already knew the kid was out of the carrier. I hear the transmission go off for the ship. I get up and walk over to Mando left side to see a hologram Greef.

"Mando. I've received your transmission. Wonderful news." Greef paused then continued. "Upon your return, deliver the quarry directly to the client. I have no idea if he wants to eat it or hang it on his wall, but he's very antsy. Safe passage! You know where to find me." Greef said through the transmission. I look over to Mando about to say something. When I see the kid has a piece of the ship in his mouth.

"It's not a toy." Mando said when he sees the kid has something in his mouth.

"You should just let him have it. It's not going to hurt him." I said while Mando put the kid back in his carrier. I hear the kid coo and I smile a bit.

"You're not helping." Mando said turning back to the front.

"Of course I'm not. I don't want to turn him in. It doesn't feel right." I said sitting back down on my chair.

"Asta we're not talking about this again. I don't like it either but it's part of the job." Mando said back to me.

"I fixed the comms. So now it won't turn on by itself now. I still have to tap it two times for you to hear me when your far away and for others to hear me." I said changing the subject. Mando put the ship on autopilot.

He turns around to face me so I can give him his comm piece. I put out my right hand and I close my eyes. I hear him take off his helmet. I also hear him take off his gloves? But I didn't realize he got up to stand in front of me. He puts his hands on either side of my face. I put my left hand on one of his hand.

"I promise. If you get a really bad feeling after we turn him in. We'll go break him out. But only if you still have the feeling when we return to the ship." Mando said to me.

I smiled because I could hear his voice without his helmet. It sounded rough but smooth at the same time. He didn't move after what he said like I expected him to.

But he surprised me by kissing me. It wasn't just a small peck on the lips. No it was a deep kiss but soft at the same time. He caught me off guard with the kiss but when I realize what was happening I quickly reacted. We pulled away when we heard the kid coo and we felt the ship land. I still manged to keep my eyes close. I wanted to desperately open my eyes but I didn't want to break Mando's trust by doing so.