seven.

-

-

Jeongin tossed and turned, the nightmare he was having making him restless. It seemed like it was happening all over again, like a tangible recreation that he could reach out to and touch- like he was watching from outside his own body.

"I was supposed to be with him, Mom. It should've been me."

"Hey, do not say that. Everything happens for a reason, even all of the horrible things."

"He was my best friend. I don't know what to do without him."

Jeongin jerked awake and threw the blankets off of his body. He trudged to his bathroom and rinsed his face, unable to shake the thought of how terrified Jaeyoung must have been when the accident happened.

You were staring at your painting- focused on your mom- subconsciously rubbing your stomach. You tilted your head, lost in thought as someone sat next to you.

"Is that your mom?" Hyeon asked.

"Yeah, and brother." You replied. "Did you and Agent Han have fun yesterday?"

"Oh, yes!" She smiled. "We made hot chocolate and told stories. Actually, he told a lot of stories about you."

"He did?"

She nodded and looked back at the painting. "He told me to talk to you about things we might have in common."

"Well, my mother passed away not that long ago, a little over four years now, and my father is a criminal." You sighed and sat back on your hands. "You know, you guys moved since the last time I saw you, so I didn't recognize the house. When I saw your mother, though, I panicked. Honestly."

"Why?"

"You're so young, Hyeon. You didn't deserve to lose your mother, she was a fantastic woman." You told her. "I panicked because I know what losing Mom feels like. I wanted to be there for you and be able to comfort you, because I had my brother when my mother died, and I just don't want you to feel alone."

She smiled sadly and got on her knees, hugging your neck. "I'm really grateful for that, Y/N. You're like the big sister I never had."

You teared up a little at her words, chuckling slightly. "I'm glad I can be here for you, Hyeon."

"Hey, what time is it?"

You turned to the couch, where a groggy Jisung laid. "Almost nine, sleepy head."

He exhaled and got up to stretch. "Who's watching Hyeon today?"

"I was thinking she could just come to work with us?" You suggested.

"I think that's a great idea!" Jisung smiled. "You'll have a great time, Hyeon. Everyone we work with is just so nice- and even though Agent Seo looks scary, don't let him fool you."