eight.

-

-

"Y/N?"

You flinched and looked over at Hyeon. "Yeah?"

"I woke up in the middle of the night and saw that you weren't asleep. Did you sleep at all?"

"Uh," you sighed. "No."

"Are you okay?" She asked.

You nodded, when in reality you definitely weren't. This case was driving you mad, it was driving the guys mad, and you kicked yourself for not being able to make any ties. You ran every single message, phone call and email you could think of, and there was just nothing there. You couldn't even imagine letting this case go cold, but in the direction it was going, it seemed that way.

"Oh, you know what?" You looked at Hyeon. "I got a call last night from Director Yoon. Your aunt heard about what happened as soon as she got back into the country, and she wants to become your legal guardian."

"Really?" Hyeon smiled. "That's great news!"

"She said that she'd be at the agency at any given time to pick you up. Are you okay with that?"

"Yeah, of course. Let me go grab my things."

"Take your time, Hyeon. I still need to shower."

She chuckled nervously. "Right. I got excited."

Hyeon ran up to her aunt and gave her a big hug. You smiled to yourself and joined them, and Ms. Min held her hand out to you, so you shook it.

"Agent L/N, thank you so much for looking after Hyeon. I truly appreciate it." She said.

"It was my pleasure. She's a wonderful young lady."

You smiled down at her as you patted her back. She wrapped her arms around your waist, hugging you rather tightly.

"Thank you for taking care of me, Y/N. I'm glad I have a role model like you." She said.

"As am I." Ms. Min added.

"If the two of you ever need anything, please don't be strangers." You told them.

Hyeon's aunt nodded. "Of course. We'll see you around."

Once they were in the elevator, you took a deep breath and turned to your team. "We need to figure this out. This case is too cold right now, it needs to heat up fast."

"Y/N, Y/N, Y/N!" Blade exclaimed as she ran into the squad room. "I finished my full autopsy- well, it's been done for a couple hours now, I've just never caught you- but I've caught you."

"Why didn't you tell Chan?" You asked.

She tilted her head and gave you a look. "You know you're my one and only, Agent L/N."

You laughed and leaned against Jisung's desk. "Okay, let's hear it then."

"Okay, so Mrs. Kim did in fact die due to the stab wound she obtained. I didn't find any fingerprints on the knife. However, there were traces of Diazepam in her system, but she doesn't take it."