Let Me Save You!

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE! You don't know how hard it is. To suffer in silence. Watching the world around you, fade into shadows. To hear the screaming in my ears. Beckoning to feel more pain and see more blood. To be in love, with a heartless monster! If I could do this, if I could end my suffering. You'll be able to devour my soul." Alois cried, and screamed. As he looked at Claude. Blood pooling out of his arms and legs. The blade in his hand, with his wrists pinned above his head. "You won't  have to comfort me, after every nightmare. I know how you see me, Claude. A mess. A disaster. You won't love me...ever."  Alois sobbed, and stared into golden eyes. "Let me do this!"

Claude shook his head, and held Alois' bleeding wrists tighter. He spoke  through clenched teeth. With his own tears falling. Yes, he's actually crying. "If I didn't love you. Why the hell am I trying to save you? I may not get everything you're going through. But your highness, I'm a demon. I've been lonely too. I've lived long enough to say that. Stop this! Stop fighting yourself! Stay with me. Please!" He kissed Alois, passionately. Taking the blade from his hand and tossed it to the floor. "Just let m- -" Alois was cut off by a strange feeling to his lips. Then his crying stopped, and his heart fluttered.

Claude broke the kiss, and looked into Alois' swollen, reddened eyes. With a much softer voice, he spoke to him. "Let me be the one to save you. Let me be your only path to freedom. I love you, Alois. Even if it's so wrong for me to. You're my world now. I'm sorry it took so long for me to realize that." Alois' eyes widened, to those words. Those three little words... from Claude. "I love you."