𝟭𝟵. an infinite deal of nothing

CHAPTER NINETEEN
eyes make their peace in difficulties

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐄lliot was not a masochist. Some people would think otherwise. Because most of the time she was either getting herself hurt or watching other people get hurt. Then again, that's what always happened around her ever since she was a child. I suppose it did affect her whole childhood and the way she grew up.

     Once again, the Grounder traitor had saved another person she swore she would never save. But of course, when did she ever do what she actually says? She did say once that she wouldn't show herself to the sky people, but ended up being entangled with the whole shit show and Bellamy Blake.

     As for the situation right now. Before Gustus searched her earlier that day, she saw him stuffed a vial of something in Raven's pockets. Elliot didn't say anything about it but she had her doubts. It was funny how she wanted to blame someone else, but she ended up putting the blame on her own self instead. How ironic.

     Elliot hoped she at least had been useful until the end.

     Her gaze stared at everyone who watched her as the Grounders tied her wrist around the pole, her arms stretched above her. She averted her eye towards Lexa when she appeared in front of her. Staring right through her soul, masking a strong façade, or what she could muster. Elliot was finally going to die.

     "I take no joy in this, Elliot," Lexa began, holding a jagged knife. From a distance, Lincoln took a few steps forward. "But this time, justice will be done."

     Lincoln wanted to run towards his sister and disappear with her━even taking Octavia with them or anyone she wanted to bring. As long as Elliot gets to live. He could see behind her act. Elliot wasn't scared. Sure, she did not want to die, but she wouldn't care if she did either. She didn't know which one was worse.

      "Good for you," Elliot spat shakily. Her face scrunched a little, the corner of her disfigured lips squishing against each other. It didn't bother Lexa but it sure bothered someone else who hadn't seen what lies underneath her mask.

     Lexa just stared at her but Elliot saw through her façade. After all, they weren't that different. Elliot had been once her close friend. She didn't say anything afterward and inched the knife closer to her exposed arm. Then slowly but painfully began slicing through her, the blade cold but familiar to her skin.

     Shivers went down her spine as she bit down her lips to not make any noise. She was not going to give them that satisfaction. The look on her face still showed that she was in great pain. She forced the urge to curse out loud, avoiding Lincoln and the others' worried eyes as they struggled to watch.

     "We have to do something," Bellamy said hurriedly, about to rush forward and stop Lexa from hurting the female Grounder more than she had to.

     "Wait." Kane stopped him. "We can't."

     "Lincoln, talk to them!" Octavia said worriedly.

     Lincoln clenched his fists, never tearing his gaze off his sister's. "I am trying."

    After Lexa did the first cut on her arm, she moved on for Indra to take her turn. Elliot stared at the war chief before her as Indra lifted her shirt up and made a long cut on her stomach. Elliot only continued breathing when she stopped, the blade lifting from her skin. Well, that hurt like a bitch.

     From her peripheral vision, she could see Nyko approaching Lincoln near the huts. Elliot mustered a faint smile when she dropped her head down, her silver hair covering her face. At least he could still live a life with Octavia. She asked the healer a favor before she got tied to the pole, and that was to help Lincoln. The least she could do.