Chapter - 3

Tiara's POV:

"

Getting down the train after 2 hours 30 minutes of travel, my heart thumped fast. It was already going to be midnight and the cabs are less frequent. Opening the small bag that Sas gave me, I checked for the paper where the address of my to- be residence was written. I started looking for any taxi to stop and seeing none I got confused.

A lady who was walking down the same street gave me a glance and started walking further. I didn't understand what to do. I have never been out into a world other than the staff quarters and the mansion premises.

I remembered Sas's words then ''I am talking about your Common sense Tiara''. Ohh how much I dearly miss her with me. Had she been here, she would have helped me now.

Help!! Ohh yes, I can ask for someone to help me.

Coming out of my inner yelling, I quickly took steps towards the lady, dragging my not so heavy suitcase and called for her.

''Mam!''

The lady turned, frowned and again started walking

''Mam!!'' I again called out. This time she stopped and gave a look at me.

I walked fast till I reached near her and said ''I need a help''

Her looks were as if ''why the hell would I help a stranger'', yet it seemed she suppressed her surprise or more so ever her suspicions.

''What help?'' she coldly spoke

''I..I am new to this city and I am looking for a cab or a taxi. Nobody is stopping. I need to reach this address too'' I forwarded the paper where address was written.

''mmm...this is not so far, but it is not at a walkable distance. The time is already 11:30 PM and I am afraid if you can take a metro now to reach this place.'' She spoke

''If I can get a taxi '' I mumbled

''ohh yes, go straight and take a left, there is a taxi stand. This is Paris, the taxi needs to be stopped by stretching your hand in not so crowded places or you need to walk down till taxi stand. young lady''

''Tiara! My name is Tiara'' I said after thanking her

''pleasant name'' she finally gave a slight smile to much of my relief as I was scared with her previous suspicious looks.

''thank you'' I said and gave her a smile in return and as she took her path I walked towards the direction she specified to take a cab.

Reaching to a residential area the cab stopped and the driver spoke in French which was alien to me. I stood still not knowing what he was saying, I looked around if someone could translate his words for me in English. As if he understood my confusion he said in broken English ''there, the house, no stop there I ''

I nodded and got down after paying him the amount. Taking brief steps I walked towards the door number specified in the paper and rang the doorbell two to three times.

''Who the hell is it at this time of night. Holy Gosh!'' an old lady came out after getting disturbed from her sleep and freaking out for the same.

''Hello! Am I speaking to Mrs. D'souza ''

''Yes, I am Lyna Dsouza. Who are you and why are you at this hour?''

''My. My name is Tiara and I would be your new tenant''

''Tenant?'' she opened her mouth wide in surprise.

''Yeah. Tenant.''

''my house is not for rent, I am sure you are mistaken. So for now please leave from here young lady, I suppose you have knocked wrong door''

''What? No! Here is this the same address written in the paper. I, I am not mistaken. Please have a look '' I extended the paper towards her

She adjusted her glasses and tried to move closer to the streetlamp to get to read the content''

''This is the same address but I am sure I have no room to rent. Somebody has played a prank with you''

Sweat beads formed all over my face as I tried to wipe them off. Sas has said she arranged for my stay and now I am here with the lady saying there is no room for rent. What should I do? Where would I go now? Did I do a mistake by running from the house and got myself into trouble?

''Lyna! Who is that on the gate and what's it taking so much time for you to get into the house'' a heavy voice was being heard.

''Carlos, there is a young girl who is at the gate. She is saying she would be our tenant. I am sure, we don't have any room or space to rent for this girl. That's exactly I am saying her''

''Young girl. What's her name? Is her name Tiara Richardson?'' Mr. Carlos asked walking towards the gate.

''ohh yes, my name is Tiara'' I almost screamed as he took my name as if he was expecting my arrival.

''Young Lady I am sorry. My wife has grown old and she hardly remembers things. Please do come in. Sasha has already spoken to me that you would be coming today. I informed my lady but she is an Alzheimer patient and she as expected forgot. Please don't mind''

''ohh. Please don't be sorry. It's perfectly fine'' I smiled and stepped into after taking a relaxing breathe recovering from the shock I received before few minutes.

Mr. Carlos took me towards the room where I would be spending my life I don't know for how many days or months or years from then on. He explained the do's and don'ts and finally said, I would need to sign a contract, which he would get it for me tomorrow. I smiled and as he walked away, I sat on the set bed thinking of texting Sas to inform I reached safe.