Chapter 1: Dear Diary

Y/N's P

Y/N's P.O.V.

Hi...

My name is Y/N L/N

I'm 17 years old

I've lived in Pennsylvania since I was a little kid. It's the just garbage, shitty, and terrible part of Pennsylvania. This town has won the grand prize for most polluted air in America for a bunch of years in a row now. But to me everything was alright because I had my best friend named Ashlyn. We were inseparable from the beginning. Everything was great until she moved once we got to 8th grade.

I was nervous about going through 8th grade by myself, especially because this was the year right before I go off to high school. I just wanted someone to lean on once I start freshman year. Being alone doesn't sound that bad, but sometimes I can't stand it. Sometimes being alone scared me. I wouldn't want to know what would happen when I'm by myself. I thought I would be by myself for four years straight.

Until I met Sydney and Dina.

Syd and Dina were my best friends. They both moved here around the same time. Dina and Syd were already friends when I met them. Oh Dina. She's such a badass. I could tell Syd thought the same. She told me that she normally thought that somebody like Dina wouldn't choose her as a friend, but since they moved at the same time it was a coincidence and she was lucked out.

And Syd. Syd isn't the kind of person that likes attention. Well at least normally. When Syd and I were with Dina it was different. I guess Dina made Syd feel more outgoing. We were there for Syd when her father died. We all cried together. Since then I guess Dina is the one that kept us both up and going. She's like the emotional support of our little trio.

Sure sometimes I miss Ashlyn, but Syd and Dina honestly make me forget about it sometimes. They make things better.

"So, I'm standing there, trying to get by, and he's all like, 'oh, who's the new girl in town?' And I'm like 'shut up. It's me Dina.' ". Dina giggles as we sat in the diner that Sydney's mom worked at. Syd and I shared one seat like we always did. I sat by the window she sat on the outer-side. Dina was going on and on to us about her encounter with Bradley Lewis today.

"Wait, this is Brad... Lewis?" Syd asked her for confirmation. "Yeah." Dina replied sighing. She even sounded like she was daydreaming about him. "He's sort of sweet, you know?" She said to us biting her lip. Syd and I both looked up at her not responding. "And then he asked me to homecoming." Dina stated trying to hold in her excitement. Dina ended up laughing a little.

"Wait, and... and you accepted?" I asked her trailing off but still managing to give a small smile. "No. I told him to take his washboard and and chiseled jawline and get out of my face." she replied in a playful sarcastic tone. Dina laughed again "Yeah, of course I said yes." Dina replied eagerly.

I looked over to Syd who looked dumbfounded with her mouth slightly open but not saying anything. She finally spoke "Uh- oh my God. You had sex with him, didn't you?" she asked. Dina tried to contain her smile but failed and looked away. I finally thought about it "Holy shit" I whisper-yelled. "No way! Holy shit!" Syd exclaimed. Dina just kept laughing.