Chapter 5: Another Day in Paradise

Y/N's P

Y/N's P.O.V.

I'm not sure where we stand.

I'm not sure if Syd is still a little upset about yesterday.

But I can't think about it right now, because I need to focus on my test. I'm sitting next to Stanley when I hear him whisper. "Hey! Hey!" he says trying to keep his voice down. I turn to him, but notice he's turned back looking in the back of the classroom. He's talking to Syd.

"I need to talk to you." he whispered to Syd who looked annoyed. The teacher looked up at the class and away from his magazine. "Eyes on your tests. No talking." he called out making Stanley and I both go back to our tests.

It was quiet for a few seconds until I heard Bradley, who was also right next to me, whispering. "Dina." he called in a hushed voice. I watched them from the corner of my eye. Dina turned over to Bradley. "Come on." he whispered. Dina quickly rolled her eyes before closing her packet and moving it to the edge of her desk for Bradley to see.

I quietly scoffed to myself as Bradley copies off Dina. "Hey." the teacher says walking up to Bradley, causing him to slightly jump. "How's it hangin?" the teacher asked nonchalantly.

"It's hangin" Bradley replied chuckling, trying to sound convincing. "And, uh, how are you today, sir?" Bradley asked trying not to seem suspicious.

The teacher ignored him and picked up Bradley's test and then took Dina's. He held them up next to each other and saw the answers the exact same. He suddenly looks at me "Are you a part of this too?" he asked. My eyes widened immediately "What?! No! I don't even-"

I was about to say that I don't even like Bradley, but I didn't want to start a problem. There wasn't a point in fighting back, I knew I was about to get in trouble. I knew that if he checks my answers it'll be the same as theirs. Dina and I take studying seriously, and I know we'd answer the same for the multiple choice and since Bradley was cheating, all three of us would look like cheaters. And just as I thought, he took the paper and they were all the same.

"I didn't do anything wrong." I mumbled, not looking the teacher in the eyes. "You wanna try that again?" he asked unimpressed. Bradley cleared his throat "Well I don't know about
Y/N but, you- you see, my- my ankle's been swollen. And these pain meds I'm on, make it hard for me to focus, and I was-"

"Detention, after school, all three of you." he said "And you'll receive failing grades on this test." he completed as the three of us gave him irritated expressions. "Seriously?" Syd speaks up from the back of the classroom. I, along with the rest of the class turn around and look at her.

"Excuse me?" the teacher says to Syd. "Y/N and Dina have been studying this for weeks. Now Brad cheats off Dina, now she and Y/N have to fail the test? I mean that is such BULLSHIT!" Syd yelled slamming her hand on the desk. The teacher points his finger at Syd "You can take that language straight to detention." he says as Syd crosses her arms and sits back in her chair.