Chapter 2: The Master of One F**k

Y/N's P

Y/N's P.O.V.

Sooo....

Last night a massive crack magically appeared on Sydney's wall.

When I asked her what happened she shrugged and said 'Earthquake?'. Sounded more like a question than a statement. Either way I knew it wasn't true, it I didn't push anything knowing she was upset from what her mom said while they were on the couch.

This morning I helped Syd push her dresser to help hide the crack. Once we were done, Syd walked out the room without a word. I silently looked at the dresser then went into the bathroom to change. Sometimes I would have some of my own clothes in a cabinet in the bathroom because like I said, I'm here often.

After I changed I changed I walked over to the kitchen and said good morning to Liam. Syd was standing by the counter with her head resting in her hand staring at the toaster. "Hey Syd?" Liam spoke up to get her attention "Do you think Banana Wigglesworth knows he's a hedgehog? And if he does, do think he likes being one?" He asked admiring his pet hedgehog. Banana is a cute hedgehog. But that's really all he is. Cute. He doesn't do much.

"Goob, trust me, Banana's proud to be a hedgehog. No question." Syd replied still standing in front of the toaster. I grabbed milk from the fridge and a bowl and a spoon. I sat down at the table and picked up the cereal. "Mom, says if you stare at the toaster too long, it'll never pop." Liam spike to Syd. She shrugged "Yeah, well, see, what Mom doesn't know is that I can do stuff with my mind." she joked. "Cool! Can I see?" Liam asked.

I raised one eyebrow at Syd. She looked at both of us then turned back and stared intensely at the toaster. After a few seconds, the toasted bread came shooting out of the machine, way high than it normally would. "Whoa!" Liam exclaimed in amazement. I jumped back a little from the height it shot up at but that was it. I knew Syd was just playing around with Liam and she obviously can't do think with her mind. Syd looked a little taken back too but she just picked up a piece of toast and took a bite.

Her mom walked into the kitchen "Didn't you wear that sweater yesterday?" She asked Sydney as soon as she walked in. Syd looked down at her clothes "Yeah, Mom. I did. Cause I'm disgusting." Syd said the last sentence with food still in her mouth. Her mom chuckled and mocked her. Her mom pulled a piece of paper out her pocket "Listen, I need you to do some shopping for me today, cause we're about to run out of everything." Her mom stated.

"No thanks." Sydney responded with her mouth still full with bread, so if sounded muffled. "I wasn't asking." her mom said eyeing her. Syd looked through the list "How am I supposed to bring all this home?" she asked. Her mom sighed and poured out her coffee "However you got it home last time."

Syd pretended to think for a moment "In exchange for... sexual favors with strangers. Got it."  she sarcastically. I lightly chuckled looking away and ate the cereal. "Hilarious." her mom replied obviously not amused. Sydney and her mom both looked at each other with annoyed faces before Syd come over to me and took my wrist and dragged me with her as we walked off. "Hey, change your sweater." her mom called after her "Sydney. You're making me look like a bad mom. And I'm a friggin' good mom!"