Chapter 11

Question: If I have a chapter saved as a draft, meaning I didn't click publish, can you guys still see it?

Oh, also. Everything that I know about combat and weapons and stuff is from reading Divergent by Veronica Roth. Correct me if I get something wrong, because I probably will. 😅

¯\_()_/¯¯\_()_/¯¯\_()_/¯¯\_()_/¯

6 days before the raid
Keefe's POV
12:30 AM

Sophie has been trying to teach me how to shoot a gun for thirty minutes now. She said that the Neverseen don't use these human weapons often, but it's still smart to now how to use them.

I'm already as good as I can get at throwing goblin stars and daggers. Ro taught me how to use some Ogre weapons, so I really just need to learn hand-to-hand combat, and how to use these human weapons.

"Ok, wait. Show me how to stand again,"

Sophie rolls her eyes, and chuckles. "Geez. For an Elf with photographic memory, you sure forget a lot."

She shows me how to stand again, and I shoot the gun. The bullet hits on the outer circle, and I get knocked back into the wall.

Sophie sighs, reaching out her hand to help me up. "You're hopeless."

"It's only been a half hour," I reply, grabbing her forearm as she grabs mine. I stand, rubbing my lower back.

"Well, still," Sophie grabs the gun, and checks how many bullets are left in the chamber. "Still three bullets," she mutters.

She stands in front of the target, and I watch carefully, taking mental notes.

𝟷. 𝙷𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝, 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚞𝚜𝚎𝚜 𝚋𝚘𝚝𝚑 𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚜
𝟸. 𝙷𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚞𝚖𝚋𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚌𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚍

She eyes the target, and shoots. She hits the dead center.

𝟹. 𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜 𝚊 𝚍𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑 𝚋𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐

She walks over to me, and hands me the gun. I walk over to where she was standing.

1. Feet apart, use both hands

I stand with my feet apart, and use both hands.

2. Don't cross your thumbs.

I uncross my thumbs.

3. Breath.

I aim the gun. I breath in, and breath out as I shoot.

The bullet hits the red circle in the middle, right next to hers.

"Hey!" She sings, pushing off of the wall and jogging over to me. "You're learning!"

I smirk as she reaches me. I turn the safety on, and set the gun back in the cabinet. Sophie locks it, and I sling an arm around her shoulder. "Are you really that surprised?"

"I was starting to think you were hopeless," I roll my eyes at her comment, and we make out way to the kitchen.

Sophie sits on the counter—her favorite spot—as I get the Mallowmelt out. "No wine?" She asks.

"Not tonight. They need to stock up—you drink so much of it." I give her a slice, and lean on the counter.

"Not my fault that tolerance is," she stands on the counter, careful not to knock over her Mallowmelt, and reaches her arms up to the ceiling. "Waaayyyy up there."

I laugh as she plops back down. I like how she's not afraid of—well, almost anything now. She's stronger, she understands the world better. But she's still kinda clumsy.

We laugh and joke for hours, throwing popcorn and Mallowmelt pieces at each other for a little while. I didn't realize it then, but when I was in the Neverseen the first time—and when Sophie left—I missed her. Too much. That's why I felt so empty and alone. Sophie was gone.

At least she's here now. I smirk, launching another piece of Mallowmelt at her. She catches it in her mouth, and eats it. She smiles.

Neither of us noticed the eyes watching us through the door.

Sorry sorry, I know it's short. I meant to post this yesterday, but I got caught up in schoolwork. Yeah, my teachers are giving us virtual schoolwork since we can't actually GO to school. It sucks. I'll try to post another chapter later today. Stay safe people! Don't forget to wash your hands and all that other crap. Stay healthy!

Unedited