three

Three| Uncanny

●●●

His mind was hazy after reading that note. Anyone mine would be hazy. After a good minute at staring at the paper, Zane was brought out of his thoughts when Shams called him out.

" You okay?" Shams called out.

" Y-yeah. Just a bit off- you know, too much work these days." And his unexplained death.

" The expression of your face says something else-"

" I guess too much work is tiring me off. I will take a break today and resume my work tomorrow. See ya Shams."

" But-" Shams word fell deaf to Zane ears. All he needed to get out from this place.

Hands in pocket, he walked down the narrow lane, calming his heartbeat which seems to had ran a long marathon. His thoughts dwindle across, producing many theories but all the chain of theories broke when his phone rang.

Well damn.

Swiping the call to green he almost let out an curse.

" A word or even a letter of curse, I am not kidding, I will definitely wash your mouth with soap. I need a cab."

" Why? As far as I know you aren't broke."

" Well my dearest so called brother, I cannot find a cab so I want you to hire me a cab so that I can take my daughter to hospital!"

"Huh, hospital? What had happened to Elham?"

" A cold. She got sinusitis so basically she is having bad headache and since as a responsible mother I had to take care since the uncle whom I appointed and gave him clear instructions of not giving ice-cream didn't even pay heed attention!"

A lump formed in his throat and he swallowed it difficultly.

" Where are you?"

" Going to board the plane."

The thing was Amelia wasn't a person would portray her emotions easily. She was cold outside and she would give a shit to anyone except her daughter.

She still blame Nabeel for leaving her all alone. Being a single mother wasn't easy. Hell it wasn't at all. It was difficult. Those sleepless night, those tears stricken face. All she wanted was a support until she got a letter from her husband

I fell out of love, I am sorry. I don't love you.

Those words were enough to shatter her heart. She ought to never fall in love and she was keeping the ought.

Coming out of the chain of thoughts, Zane cleared his throat before speaking.

" I will take her to hospital and get her treated. Don't worry. Take your time and come." He didn't let her speak as he cut the call immediately.

Running his hand through his hair, he hurried exited his office and ran towards his car, opening the door and igniting the car engine.

On the other hand, Amelia had to reach airport within five hours. Yeah she lied to Zane because she knew how lazy was her brother. Heck her daughter didn't even  have sinusitis. It was just mild cold.

Sighing for the umpteenth time,she signed few documents before opening the side drawer to get her resignation letter. She was done working here, she needed her family now with close enough and she didn't have the energy to travel to and fro.