Chapter 1

Zara's Pov:

Once upon a time, long, long ago well, more like 20 years ago, Belle married her beast in front of 6,000 of their closest personal friends. Ya, big cake. So instead of a honeymoon, Beast united all the kingdoms and got himself elected the king of the United States of Auradon. He rounded up all the villains and sidekicks basically all the really interesting people, (even if I'm not supposed to say that because I'm a "hero") and he booted them off to the isle of the lost with a magical barrier to keep them there. No magic, no wi-fi, no way out. Or so people thought... hang on, you're about to meet the VK's. But first this happened.

-------------------------------------------

As Lumire fixes Ben's suit I see him looking at the isle of the lost, longing for something, I pat him on the shoulder knowing what he's thinking. "It will change soon, I promise" I smile at him, and he gives me a small smile in return.

Soon King Adam and Belle walk in the room and I bow. "How is it possible that you're going to be crowned king next month? You're just a baby." He says to Ben.

"He's turning 16, dear," Belle says to her husband. "Hey, pops." Ben quickly greets. "16? That's far too young to be crowned king. I didn't make a good decision until I was a least 42." The king says jokingly winking at me and Ben.

"Shouldn't have said that" I mutter under my breath after seeing Belle's face. "You are definitely right there Zara," she turns to her husband, "and didn't you decide to marry me at 28?"

King Adam decides to make it even worse by saying, "it was either you or a teapot." I quickly put my hands over my mouth to stop from laughing as Ben playfully glares at me. "Kidding, I'm only kidding." I hear the king quickly add on after Belle slapped his arm.

Ben looked at me for reassurance before he is to tell his parents about his big idea for his first proclamation, that we may or may not have already put into motion (oops...?). Oh wait, did I forget to mention who I am, silly me, I'm Zara, Princess of Agrabah and soon to be royal advisor of soon to be King Ben. We've more or less have grown up together, he's like my brother no matter what other people say.

Well anyway... back to the story. I give him a reassuring smile and nod and he quickly smiles back then takes a deep breath. "Mom, Dad..." he looks at me, I nod my head as if tell him to keep going, "I have chosen my first official proclamation. I have decided that the children on the isle of the lost be given a chance to live here in Auradon." He says in one breath, I then quickly add, "Every time we look out to the island, we feel like they've been abandoned."

"The children of our sworn enemies? Living among us?" Adam asks him and Belle looking at us like we are out of our minds.

"We'd only start out with a few at first, only the ones Zara and I think need our help the most. We've already chosen them." Ben tells his parents confidently while trying to reassure them about the idea. 

"Have you?" Adam says a little agitated, but Belle grabs his arm and says, "I gave you a second chance." She then turns to me and asks, "Who are their parents?" looking at me probably thinking that I least had Ben make "smart" choices, but what do you expect from the daughter of Aladdin. 

I start with the first two, "Cruella De Vil, Evil Queen," I then motion for Ben to continue, not sure if I could say the next person's parent without thinking back to my parents' story. Ben quickly nods and finishes, "Jafar, and Maleficent" Lumire yelps and jumps back as he finishes his words. 

The rage could easily be seen climbing King Adam's face when he screams, "Maleficent! She's the worst villain in the land! And Jafar did you even take into account how Zara and her family may feel!" I winced slightly when he mentions Jafar and my parents in the same sentence, but it was me who suggested Jafar's kid in the first place.

"Dad, just hear me out here!" Ben tries to say calmly over his father to try to get him to understand. "I won't hear of it. They are guilty of unspeakable crimes." Beast yells over his son. Ben looks at me not so sure of himself anymore, but I put my hand on his shoulder and he continues, "Dad, their children are innocent. Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life?" Ben yells back. His dad looks away, "Dad?" Ben pushes his voice sounding more desperate than before almost pleading.

The king looks to his queen as she smiles at him when he nods and says, "I suppose their children are innocent." Ben and I go to jump for joy when he quickly adds on, "But," There's always a but, the king turns to me and ask me, "how do you feel about this Zara, did Ben ask you about Jafar's child, you are his soon to be royal advisor, if you don't want them to come here you are allowed to say something if you want to have him to pick someone else." 

I looked at him confused at first but I then realize he thinks I'm not ok with the children chosen. "I actually suggested Jafar's daughter come," I tell him. Little did I know that what I read in Jaclyn's file was very very wrong. 

The king and queen nod at me with a smile and then Belle says, "Well, well done you two," we sneak a quick smile at each other even though we are ready to jump for joy like a group of little girls getting ready for a ball. "Shall we?"