Chapter 5

Jay pov

I open the door to our room and am amazed at how roomy it is. "Wow!" is all I can say.

I then see one bed then my heart sinks remembering how they didn't think that I was a boy at first.

Carlos must have noticed my long face because he taps my shoulder and I look down at him, "Why don't you go see what you can score to make you feel better until they put your bed in here?"

I nod smiling, "Thanks man that's just what I need to do." I go to leave the room when he glares at me, "what?" I ask unsure why he's glaring at me.

"You know what jay, you need to take the ace bandages off now." I look away before he finishes with, "Go find Evie, knowing her she's probably already found a sewing machine and made you a new binder by now anyway."

I perk up remembering that Evie said she'd make me a new binder. "I will I promise."

He gives me a look, "I swear to Hades that I'll go get my new binder before I steal a thing." he sighs and nods and waves me off as he goes to check out the tv.

I walk down the hall to the girls' dorm and knock the secret knock we used to use on the isle. Mal throws opens the door and without a second thought I let out a "Sucker!" with a laugh after seeing their room knowing how Mal feels about pink.

She smacked me then pointed to the desk on, what I am assuming was, Evie's side of the room seeing as there was a sewing machine on the desk and fabric was all over the place. "Evie will be back in a minute, while you wait she made you three new binders so you can go change in our bathroom."

I pick them up looking at them before picking one, "Damn she works fast." Mal nods before shoving me in the bathroom. As I'm changing into my new binder I notice it's a lot softer than my old ones.

"That's because fabric here is much softer." I here Evie yell, oops did I say that out loud. I walk out after putting my shirt and vest on over it, "Eeeeee!!! It looks great from the front how does it feel?" she asks hugging me.

"Evie's back by the way," Mal says with a smile

I roll my eyes jokingly, "Really? I didn't notice." We laugh and I thank Evie after telling her it felt great.

Though before I go to leave Mal calls out, "Give me the bandages Jay." she makes a "give me" motion with her hands.

I should have known this was coming, "Why, I'm not going to use them anymore?"

"Exactly, Evie made you new binders and could easily make you more, so you don't need them, so I'm going to get rid of them," she tells me still with her hand out. 

In all honesty, I wanted to have them just in case, because I always have this little voice inside that keeps telling me that those binders won't always be there, that my chest will never be flat enough with just the binder, and that I'd never pass as a real boy.

I look at Evie who nods then Mal as I reluctantly pull them out of my back pocket and hand them to Mal who throws them in the garbage can by the door.

Though in a way it hurts to see her toss the bandages in the trash, but also so gratifying. I just reminded myself that I now have a safer, and comfier way to bind.

I give Evie and hug and another thank you as I head out of their room to find some stuff to score. 

-------------------------------------

It's starting to get dark so I get ready to head back to my dorm my clothes stuffed with things I stole, but as I head down the hall I see Zara thinking one more steal wouldn't hurt and I pretend to not notice her and we bump into each other.