Tickets and the Boardwalk

Are you at the pier? I texted my best friend, Fiona. We planned to meet up near the beach to hang out. I hoped she wouldn't ditch me again. Fiona a habit of canceling at the last minute. My phone buzzed. The message read: Yes sorry I'm running late. I was picking something up.
I sat on a huge rock near the boardwalk and watched people walk by. Finally, after like, ten minutes of waiting, I see a light blue, two door jeep drive down the stone path. I got up and ran to Fiona when she came out of the passenger side.
"IRIS OH MY GOD YOURE NEVER GONNA GUESS WHAT I GOT!!" She yelled at my face. She grabbed me by my shoulders and shook me back and forth.
"Fiona, honey, calm," her mom said, shutting the door and coming toward us.
I wondered why she's coming out because I just asked Fiona if she wanted to go on a few rides at the boardwalk. She let go of me and frantically ran a few feet to her mom.
"MOM WHERE ARE THEY?!" She shrieked. Her mom pointed to the car and said "In the pocket behind my seat."
She came out, flipped her long, brunette and aqua blue hair over her shoulder, and handed me a white envelope with fancy beige swirls and marks on it.
I took it. I tried to imagine what could be inside.
Pads?
A drawing from her little brother?
A college scholarship?
Okay, fine. It probably wasn't a scholarship. We're both only juniors.
"Iris! Open it!" She rushed. I took my finger and slowly open the envelope; trying not to rip it or the papers in it. When it was open, I look at Fiona for what feels like a long time. Then, I looked at her mom for the same amount of time.
"IRIS, YOURE KILLING ME! JUST OPEN IT!" Fiona screamed. I reached my fingers in and feel two small, thick, glossy sheets of paper. I looked back up at the two of them. They both watched eagerly as I peeked into it. I saw a black and white upside down house on the papers inside. Then, I realized that those papers inside aren't actually papers. THEY ARE CONCERT TICKETS TO THE NEIGHBOURHOOD.
"FIONA I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!" I shrieked and hugged her tighter than I ever had. Her blue eyes were brighter than the moon on a cloudless night. I hugged her mom, too. I also started crying in the process.
I shake the tickets up and down as I jump in circles and thank Fiona and her mom repeatedly.
"It was her birthday present, so don't thank me," her mom informed. I hug Fiona again. At this point, we are both sobbing tears of utter joy.
"When is it?" I asked, wiping the tears from my cheeks.
"Next weekend. And we got front row!" She told me, still bouncing. I squeezed her once more, and said goodbye to her mom before she left us to the pier and boardwalk. I held onto both tickets because she had a history of losing important things. We rode on the Topspin and on the Tilt-A-Whirl. On the Ferris Wheel, she asked who my favorite band member is.
"Zach Abels," I told her, and I felt like hearts are coming out of my eyes.
"I like Jesse Rutherford the best," she replied. How basic is that? Everyone liked The Neighbourhood just for Jesse.
"Not just for his looks, but because I've seen interviews and such and he's beautiful inside and out. He just seems so funny and truly amazing to be around," she explained. That made me happy.
"I haven't watched their interviews, I just think that if Zach is adorable on the outside, he must be wonderful on the inside," I said as we started moving.
"You know that song they sing? West coast?" She asked.
"Of course."
"And you know the lyrics?"
I nodded.
"'Pretty isn't everything, you punk ass'?"
I sighed and we rode the rest of the Ferris wheel in silence.
We decided on hotdogs and fries for dinner and sit at the tables to watch the waves of the east coast role in.
"I don't like Massachusetts as much as I liked California," Fiona said and shoved another fry into her mouth. She'd lived in San Francisco for most of her life. She moved to Cape Cod, Massachusetts only a few years ago, when she was 13. We were both 16 right now but my birthday is in a few weeks.
"The water is prettier on the west coast," she told me.
"What do you mean? Water is water. Saltwater is the same... right?"
She looked at me like I was crazy. "No! The Pacific Ocean's water is clearer and the sand is cleaner and there isn't as much seaweed at most beaches. However, at this one beach-" I stopped listening. I just got tired of her going on, and on, and on about nothing but herself. I tied my hair back and we started walking home. Well, my home. My mom lets us in.
"Hi, ladies! How is the boardwalk?" She asked and offered us a bag of potato chips.
"MOM, SHE GOT ME A TICKET FOR THE NEIGHBOURHOOD'S CONCERT NEXT WEEKEND," I screamed with excitement.
"The what?"
"THE NEIGHBOURHOOD, MOM! You know, the best band ever?"
"Oh yeah. You told me about them. When?"
I looked at Fiona.
"We're leaving on Friday afternoon, the concert is on Saturday, and we'll be home early afternoon on Sunday," she explained.
"Tomorrow is Friday. Pack your bags."