chapter 7

Delilah's pov

                      I entered my office , when Ms. Hill my secretary came and said "you have a meeting with the chiefs at 10 o clock Ms. Adler" . I nodded my head and said "please call Mr. Hoskins and tell him to bring the budget reports immediately".she nodded her head and left my cabin.

I sighed and looked at my watch seeing it was 9.15 , I had about forty five minutes till the meeting. I am so tired last night I didn't get much sleep . "Last night" It was so awkward after our dance we didn't talk after that, samuel and sara introduced us to lot of business people. Later that night he dropped me home we didn't even talk during the whole car ride.

I looked at the ring I am wearing. It was shining beautifully but this ring is not the symbol of love every engagement ring symbolizes love, care, affection but this ring symbolizes money and business. I am scared right now.

After living like 25 years with my parents I still can't understand them. They doesn't even know what I like or hate. How will he know? How am I going to understand him? How am I going to live the rest of my life with a stranger? How? My head is hurting so much.

I leaned on my chair and closed my eyes and repeated the words which I've been saying so long, "Everything will be alright be strong be strong " After repeating my mantra few times I stood up and went to the conference Hall for the meeting with my brother and father.

I entered the room where my brother was already seated I took a seat opposite to him. He just nodded his head at me when my father entered the room and sat at the head of the table.

"Good morning " He wished us, we replied to him. "Alright so both of you know that, I am going to retire in few months and Nate you will become the CEO of this company' he said looking at Nate. He also nodded his head to my father's words. My father then continued saying "so the position of Vice president will be vacant and it's your responsibility to choose a right person for this position, so I don't want any mistakes happening here, choose the person wisely, the board member should approve your choice."

"Will do sir" replied Nate confidently. Then my father turned to me and said "Delilah you're  getting married in a week.... You can't work here after marriage"
WHAT?? I raised my voice, my eyes widened hearing the shit coming from my fathers mouth!

What the hell are you talking? I yelled. He gave me a death glare and said "Language delilah don't forget that you are my employee here" I scoffed "Really? employee?
Then why do you care if your employee is getting married or not huh? You're the one forgetting I am your employee here."

"Stop it Delilah, listen to me " he shouted. I clenched my teeth and looked at him, He sighed and said "it's not like you will be jobless after marriage, you're not going to be working in Adler's corporation you will be given the same post as the Managing Director of finance in Huss. corp. So likewise as Nate you will be responsible to appoint a person for the next MD post.

I scoffed and said "you decided that I will be fired in a week, and you want me to appoint someone in my position. Wow fabulous"  I clapped my hands looking at my father.

"How about this?" I stood up and looked at my father and said" you don't need to wait a week to fire me, I am quitting this job now. So please ask someone else to find my replacement, which will not be a very tough thing to do'.

I walked out of the room and entered my cabin . I quickly typed my resignation letter and e-mailed it to my father, brother and other chiefs.

I pressed the intercom and said  "Ms hill come into my cabin". Soon she came and looked at me " I am resigning this job, if you need my signature in anything please send the documents home, I will not be coming here anymore "

"Ms adler b-bbut what is going on?" She looked at me confused I sighed and said "please do not question me and do as I said". She nodded her head and stood there I just packed my belongings and took a file from my drawer and gave it to Ms hill and said "give this to Mr adler".

I stretched my hand out for her and said "it was nice working with you Ms hill". She returned my handshake and said "likewise ma'am". I smiled at her and took my belongings and looked at the place I hated for three years one last time and left the building.

I entered my car and placed my belongings in the back and started my drive home. I am furious thinking about my fathers words how can he decide this, I can't believe this even though I hated this job and place.

I have to work in Ezra's company after my fake marriage, when will I get to decide for myself . I hate this I hate this all. Tears started to flow freely from my eyes. I gripped the steering wheel tightly.

I clenched my teeth and wiped my tears . I don't know when I am going to burst but I do know that day is not so far. I reached my  home took the box out of the car and entered my home and went straight to my room.

I didn't see anyone in the living room, my mother is  probably out shopping with her friends. I placed the box on my table and laid down on the bed without caring about changing my clothes. All the shits happening in my life drained me out of energy.

All I want to do is sleep.... Which I did.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
(A/N)
Hello readers so I know this is small but I will be updating more!

Please vote and comment💙💙