°Chapter 3°

Everything is theoretically impossible
Until it is done

-------------------------
---------

3

Sighing I drag myself over to the desk where my video log is already set up and waiting. Might as well get a head start on the day.

"Day One. Currently it is oh-five-hundred hours and I find myself awake because someone snores like a wild boar!" I growl shooting a glare at the opposite wall where I can hear the man sleeping away, completely unaware of me talking about him. Huffing I know there's nothing I can do about it now... But maybe I can ask Danielle to get me some ear plugs?

"Yesterday after dinner I received my daily exercise regime. The reason we have this regime is to keep our bodies at optimal health when we are in the Avatar link. Because we will be leaving our bodies stationary for the whole day everyday, we will need to keep the body healthy or the mind will suffer. I guess it doesn't look too bad and seeing as I won't be getting any more sleep I suppose that's the next thing on my to do list for today..." I trail off after stifling a yawn.

"After the workout I'm off to breakfast then I'll be back here, shower, get ready and then be on my way to the Lab. Hopefully I can meet my Naví today..." I can feel the grin stretching across my face and pulling my cheeks tight.

"I feel like I've been waiting for this moment for the longest time...I'll check back in tonight with the rest of today's happenings. Signing off" sighing I trudge over to my locker and sleepily get dressed. 'Hopefully a run will help my brain function properly' I think to myself as check to make sure my laminex is around my neck before I lock my room door behind me and take off in a light jog.

°°°

That run definitely helped. I've always loved the burn in my lungs and the way it clear my head. When I was still stuck in training the only time I would leave my room was for a run. Or sneaking into the kitchen for a midnight snack but those don't count.

Knock knock knock

I'm pulled away from my thoughts by a knocking on my door. I'm not expecting anyone... "Christie it's Max, we need you in the Lab asap!" A male voice calls from the other side of my still closed door. Max? Oh that Max! "I'll be right there!" I call as I jump up and grab my satchel. Luckily I know myself well enough by now that I packed all my stuff last night. Mother always used to say "Work hard today, to make life easier tomorrow!"

"good... good... good..." Max mutters to himself as he spins on his heel and marches towards the Lab. 

The walk to the lab feels like a completely new experience to me. I can feel excitement bubble within me as a shit eating grin settles on my face. Yes I had studies all those years to know just as much, if not more, than the other white coats around me and yet somehow I feel so unprepared. Not that I'll let them know that. Mother always said "Fake it till you make it!"

I suppose half of it has to do with the fact that even after all the studying, blood, sweat and tears, even more so the simulations I was put through... I'm still worried because today I will finally be meeting the beloved Dr Augustine. Then getting to spend the day in my Navi, the excitement is almost tangible.

My very own being created from blood and bone. So much more went into our avatars than we first thought. After we completed our third year and the physical we were tasked to give blood, bone marrow, hair and mucus... You name it and we gave it, quite willingly I might add. After all the hard work to get to that point there was not a chance I was going to say no.