°Chapter 9°

----------------------------

"Winners are

Not people

Who never fail,

But people who

Never quit"

-------------------------

9

"Today was absolutely amazing! Tsu'tey and I spent the day riding Pa'li through the Omaticaya lands"

He had taken me to a few different waterfalls and we even found a Strumbeast herd and we had taken some time there just to watch the little one enjoy the watering hole before we went on and we only came back with the setting sun.

"I really feel like I'm slowly becoming part of the people" a huge smile stretches across my face "but Jake is still being a complete idiot during his training with Neytiri" there's spark of something nasty in my chest. Jealousy doesn't quite suit me but I honestly can't help it. Jake and I spent so much time together before we had taken the Avatars out and some part of me still feels like I should be the first choice to spend time with.

"I have no idea what we're doing tomorrow but I'm excited none the less. Life with the Omaticaya is so much better than the text books ever said it would be. Their children are smarter than earth children and their whole community is built on respect and love. It couldn't be further from humans" it's odd talking about your own people like you aren't part of them anymore but I can't help it. I feel more at home in my Avatar than I ever did back on earth. I feel like I was born for this.

"I see you" again and again I listen to Jake mutter the same words but the feeling just isn't there. "It's not just an 'I see you' it's deeper like your seeing into their soul" another sigh puffs from my lips.

Norm shoot me an irritated glare and for once I want to agree with him. We've been at this for weeks the both of us helping Jake to learn the language so that he fits into the Omaticaya easier, whilst still receiving lessons from Neytiri. But no matter the irritation or the late night spent trying to help him, I can't deny the fluttering in my stomach with every smile he send my way or even the small cheeks kisses, and yet despite all that there's this hallow feeling in my chest. Something has been different about him. I can see it in the way he taps his legs in the same rhythm over and over again.

I'm also not oblivious to the seething glares Grace shoots him whenever he comes back from his meetings with the Colonel that he's tried to keep secret and failed. Though I suppose since Grace moved us to the ground base in the Hallelujah Mountains things have gotten better. Base is also a lot bigger than we were ever told. In fact it looks like a mini Home base. We each still have our own rooms with Jake being across from me and Norm to my left and then Trudy, ending with Grace at the end of the hallway and last we have our doctor slash scientist Mary Grace to my right. We then have one big shared bathroom and a small canteen that leads into the link room.

"I'm going to do my time log" I mumble through a yawn as I head off to my room after sending Jake a sleepy smile and nodding at Norm. Grace had pulled us from our links before we could log on this morning saying that we had needed to spend some time together as a team but honestly, I think she just wanted to see us eating something. It's clear that we've been losing weight and I can freely admit that I haven't been dong the exercises we were supposed to.

"We spent the day in lockdown with the team" stopping to yawn "Grace even surprised us with a big breakfast, in a way I think that's her thank you for us convincing Tsahik to allow her back into the Omaticaya..." after what had happened at the school they were more than a little cautious of spending time with us but with some dedication and plenty of begging they had finally consented. Now time for the good news. "Jake is getting better with his Na'ví " it had been really nice spending this day with him. He might not be perfect with it yet but at least he's able to stutter his way through a conversation.