°Chapter 8°

--------------------

"You were

WILD once,

Don't let them

TAME you"

--------------------

8

"-ie! Christi!" I'm yanked awake when Grace, flips open my link and basically pulls me out. "Owwww!" I hiss as I rip myself from her hands. Who knew doing nothing could hurt this much. "Body pain is normal from laying down this long" Grace grumbles as she takes a few steps away from me with the frown never leaving her face. "You'd think with all this technology there would be something for that" I spit my snarky reply as I rub at the kink in my neck. I'm so tired. I feel it in every bone in my body.

"Where's your Avatar?" Grace asks as she snaps her fingers in my face to grab my attention. "You'll never believe me" I say as a big fat smirk falls into my lips. "We're in Hometree" Graces gasp at my statement is funny sure, the blown away expression on her face takes the cake for sure. "How in the world?!" She grumbles throwing her hands into the air but she doesn't look upset despite the frown tugging at her brows.

"So after Jake and I took off and leapt over the cliff we got separated..." I tried to explain but Grace jumped the gun "Is his Avatar dead?!" Now I'm not sure where her head is because we both know that if that had happened Jake would be up long before me. Not that he'd be all there in the head. Dying tends to mess up a person. "No" I glare at her for interrupting me and I'm rewarded with a sheepish look that's enough to satisfy me in to continuing my story.

"When I finally washed up I was alone and knowing you guys would've left already was scary but I was tired so I knew coming back the way I came towards the Thanator was out of the question so I decided to do what Jake probably did" I said shrugging. I can see I have everyone around me hanging on my every word. That's what happens when you're locked in a lab day in and day out. "What did you do?" Max ask as he leans in closer like you would when watching a movie. Somebody get him some popcorn because the best part is still coming.

"I threw caution to the wind and went into the forest" I can almost taste the face palm, I'm sure Grace is doing in her mind but for now she seems frozen in shock. "But don't worry, I did manage to find Jake. Some hunters on Palí  then took us to Hometree where we met Eytukan and the Tsahik, which was epic to say the least!" I can't help gushing. I know full well I sound like a fangirl and I'm one hundred percent OK with that! How many people can say they lived to meet both of the leaders of the Omaticaya?! Not many that's for sure!

"Tsahik decided Jake and I needed a teacher and here we are. Not dead and we're mixing with the natives" you can almost hear a pin drop at the silence. "So I'm kind of tired" I say softly as I push my way through the crowd around me towards the door that leads to food and my bed. "Tomorrow bright and early" I hear Grace call just as I round the corner through the open door. "Village life starts with the rising sun. I know" I mutter as I stifle another yawn as I make a pit-stop in the canteen before going to bed. I'm dead on my feet tired. "I'll shower tomorrow" I grumble as I kick off my shoes and fall onto the mattress. Not the most comfortable position but good enough seeing as I'm out within a few seconds.

°°°

"I'm going to be late!" I hiss as I jump in and out of the freezing shower, not enough time to wait for the hot water, into some pants, pants on and a shirt over my head, grabbing my shoes and then I'm on my way out.

This is the latest I've woken up since I got to Pandora. Village life starts soon and I still have to make my video log! Huffing I finally come to a stop in the lab where I fall into the closest chair which just so happens to be Mary Grace's chair and take a few minutes to put my sock and shoes on correctly. "I don't even know why I'm putting shoes on if I'm going to be lying in my pod all day" I grumble as I straighten my clothes and saunter towards my link bed. I really should look into getting some slippers just to make life a bit easier.