Chapter 3

Laughter could be heard in the distance, but trees sealed the view to anyone. No one could see Morgana sword fighting Mel playfully. They were having fun. The sun was shining. Everything was peaceful.
" Are you ever getting tired?" Morgana asked out of breath. "I have so many things to do usually, that I don't even realize if I'm tired" the blonde replied trying to block an attack from the dark haired girl, but she fell on her back. "Sorry..." Morgana said helping her get up. "I think we had enough training this morning. We don't want anyone being suspicious." she added heading to get their horses. Morgana came back with a beautiful black stallion and an amazing pearl white mare. They got on and rode along a river. "I enjoyed this. Thank you!" Morgana said happy. "Of that's what makes you feel better... Just please be careful there." Mel said worried. Morgana could see that. "Don't you worry. All I have to do is keep going and knock people out."
They both laughed. Melissa knew what a good warrior Morgana really was, but she couldn't help feeling worried.

Out of the sudden, a cracking noise behind them. Footsteps.
"Mel, we should get out of here as fast as possible..." Morgana said hearing them. She wasn't facing the other girl, but she didn't get any reply. "Mel?" she asked just to make sure she was OK. No answer. "Melissa?!" she yelled panicked after seeing that her best friend was gone. The horse was still there, but she wasn't. The footsteps stopped as well. "Oh no, Melissa..." She thought. "Where are you!?". No answer, but those footsteps were getting closer again. Fear ran through Morgana. She got her sword ready, but she didn't know what to expect. "Melissa, if this is a joke, please, stop. It's not funny." she said trying to keep calm. "Oh, it's not a joke." she heard a voice say. It wasn't Melissa's. She slowly turned around, feeling a blade being put close to her back. "Well, well, well... Isn't this Lady Morgana?" a blonde woman said. "Don't be scared. I come in peace." Morgana felt like she knew that woman. "You must not take part in the tournament." she said before disappearing. Morgana didn't know what to believe. She was confused. How did that person know she was taking part in the tournament? She pushed her out of her head and started looking for Mel. "Melissa?" she said seeing her petting a dog. "Melissa, what are you doing?" she said. "Oh, I've heard cracking noises and then this little boy came out of the leaves and I got down my horse and followed him. Sorry if I scared you." the blonde apologized holding the small puppy. "What was in your head? You could've gotten hurt!" Morgana said. "But it's a puppy! I love puppies!" Mel defended herself. " And besides, nothing happened." Morgana rolled her eyes. She looked at Mel and she knew what she was thinking. "No, you are definitely not taking him with us." Mel made a super sad face and Morgana had to let her get the puppy. "You are not bringing him into the castle, ok?" Morgana said strictly. "Sure, milady".

A few days later, Morgana and Mel were laying down on Morgana's bed with the puppy between them. "Remember when I said no dogs in the castle?" Morgana said laughing. She and Mel got very attached to that puppy. No one knew how it ended up in the forest. Mel said "It's destiny, Morgana!". They named him Oisín.
"Today is the next round of the tournament." Hearing that, a shiver ran down Morgana's spine. "Hey, you'll be awesome, don't worry." Mel comforted her. "After all, I've trained you." They both laughed, waking Oisín up. He kissed them both and made himself even more comfortable by almost pushing Morgana off the bed. "Hey, don't be greedy!" Morgana scolded him. "I see who he is more like..." Mel said jokingly.

Morgana stood brave covered in armour from head to toe. She whielded the sword like no other, defeating her opponent. "You were amazing, Sir Osvald" Mel said seeing Arthur next to Morgana. He had no idea who he was actually congratulating. "I'd be honored if you'd accept my offer." Arthur said shaking Morgana's hand. As soon as he left, Mel asked "What offer?". "Oh, nothing. They offered Sir Osvald to remain in Camelot and join The Knights of Camelot." Morgana answered. "That's great news! You really deserve it!" Melissa screamed happy. "Shush..." Morgana muttered pulling Melissa closer, so only she could hear. "I am not Sir Osvald. As soon as the tournament ends, he's gone, and Uther would never accept me as a knight." Melissa helped her got rid of her armour. "You do so much for me. I'm so grateful. But why?" Morgana asked out of the sudden. "I don't know. You are my best friend since we were kids. Also, it's an honor working for you, Morgana." the blonde replied.

As the sun went down, Morgana was riding in the woods. She needed to find that blonde woman. "Are you looking for me?" the same voice said from behind her. "I'm glad I found you." Morgana said. "Who are you?" she added. "Morgause, your sister." she replied looking at Morgana.