Changes

(A/N: when was the last time I wrote XiCheng? Hm? Hahahaha. Sorry, everyone. February and March have been busy for me due to my tutorials. Then, I fell sick in the middle of March. I am still sick until now. *sigh. Well, anyway, happy 1k+ followers for me! I love you, guys! You are the best!)

“Sect leader Lan, good morning.” A GusuLan sect disciple greeted.

“Good morning, sect leader.”

“Zewu-jun, good morning!”

“Zewu-jun!”

“Good morning, Zewu-jun.”

Lan Xichen smiled at them as a return. “Good morning.” He greeted back, his smile and actions graceful as he passed by them.

“Ah… sect leader Lan is so handsome.”

“He also has the highest cultivation.”

“As expected from the most handsome cultivator!” the GusuLan sect disciples said in admiration.

Lan Xichen already left afar, but he still can hear his disciples’ chattering. The smile on his handsome face gone askew. You guys… whispering in the sect is forbidden! He thought. Be careful uncle won’t catch you! He sighed and helplessly smiled as he shook his head. He raised his face and the sun in the blue sky dotted with drifting clouds that was sewn on their forehead ribbon, its rays softly hit his fair skin.

Today is another ordinary day. He got up at 5 AM and wash up before he starts his daily activities. He had breakfast, greeted his uncle and elders before they started their morning meeting, then started his duties as a sect leader.

A loud, hearty laugh that is full of life broke his thoughts. He turned and saw Wei Wuxian riding on donkey as Lan Wangji pulls the rein of the donkey.

“Elder brother.” Lan Wangji greeted when he saw him.

Lan Xichen stopped and smiled. “Wangji.” He nodded and looked at Wei Wuxian who, as usual, has a big smile on his face. “Young master Wei.” He greeted.

Wei Wuxian, this prankster, chuckled as he nodded at Lan Xichen. “Zewu-jun, good day!” he greeted, his voice spirited.

Lan Xichen nodded and let the two pass by him. He watched their backs as they left. Then, he looked around the serene Cloud Recesses. As he remembered the time when he and his younger was young, he felt like nothing had changed of the place. But, of course, everything will have its own time to change. And that started when Wei Wuxian entered their life. Precisely, Lan Wangji’s life. Wei Wuxian made Lan Wangji’s life turn 180 degrees… including Lan Wangji’s sexuality.

Thinking this and Lan Xichen chuckled. He resumed walking around the Cloud Recesses, reminiscing the times in the past as he looked at some places that has been memorable to him. The Punishment Hall where Wei Wuxian was punished, including Lan Wangji after Wei Wuxian dragged Lan Wangji into his antics. The cold springs where he pointed Wei Wuxian to heal his wounds, and also to meet Lan Wangji. At that time, he really thought of making Wei Wuxian as Lan Wangji’s friend. However, many things happened and he didn’t know his younger brother’s feelings towards Wei Wuxian evolved into more than just friends. Now…

His feet stopped and he smiled as he closed his eyes, cherishing the memories of the past. Many things have changed now. He thought and slowly opened his eyes. However –

When he opened his eyes, he saw the tree with its flowers in full bloom. Standing from afar, he saw his uncle and the elders together with a small group wearing the eye-catching purple uniform. His uncle, Lan Qiren, is talking with the group’s leader. Then, after a small talk, Lan Qiren left, together with the GusuLan sect elders, and the leader’s subordinates that went together with Lan Qiren and their elders. The leader wearing the purple uniform stood tall and proud, just like the cap he wore on the top of his head. However, Lan Xichen, he suddenly felt the time has stopped.

A soft breeze blew, bringing along the tree’s fallen petals with its waves. The sunlight peeked through the gaps between the tree flowers’ petals, gently hitting the lone figure of the man in purple uniform. Lan Xichen silently watched the man afar, as the memories of the past slowly dawned in his mind again. But, this time, it wasn’t about Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian. It is about him and his interactions with the man. He remembers, before, the man is just a young boy before him. However, right now, before him, that young and innocent boy is a dignified man with the aura of a strong sect leader.

Yes. Everything really has changed, since nothing will remain the same, after a long period of time.

(A/N: pardon the Frozen 2 video. I love the song. Hehehehe.)