Chapter 8

Maddy stood outside on the porch...

She could hear Peggy and General Phillips talking, just by listening to the tone in his voice.... he wasn't happy.

The door finally swung open, and Maddy was greeted by Peggy and General Phillips, he walked up to her.... looked her up and down, and frowned.

"Maddy Rogers?" Phillips asked.

"Yes sir!" Maddy replied standing straight up.

"Your brother is here with us as well, I hope you won't let me down.... like him," Phillips frowned.

"Steve? Steve is here?" Maddy questioned looking over at Peggy.

"Yes, he is here... the skinny boy," Phillips sighed.

"Maddy why don't I show you the ropes here, but first... let's get you a proper uniform," Peggy smiled.

Maddy nodded.

*****************************

Maddy looked in the dirty mirror... the uniform Peggy had given her, was a perfect fit.. the pants fell down towards her ankles, outlining her waist... she wore a white buttoned up shirt, and in her hand was the coat that went with the outfit.

She turned on her heels and walked out of the room, where she had gotten dressed....

"What's my rank?" Maddy asked walking out of the room.... looking right at Peggy.

"Well now that you are a super soldier.... you don't really have a rank, yet. I could talk to General Phillips and ask if we could make you an Agent.... like me!" Peggy smiled.

"Really? You would do that for me?" Maddy asked.

"Of course! Us girls have to stick together," Peggy laughed.

Maddy smiled.

"Which one is your brother?" Peggy asked.

"When you see him... you'll know," Maddy smiled.

They both hurried outside and walked around.

"You'll be bunking with me, where ever I go... you go," Peggy said.

Maddy nodded.

"Agent Carter... Rogers, General Phillips wants you guys to go look at the newbies," A soldier replied... running up to both women.

They turned and looked at him and nodded.

They walked out towards a field... where men lined up in a row, they were doing push-ups.

One man caught Maddy's eyes.... she smiled.

"Steve," She whispered.

"Recruits, Attention!" Peggy yelled.

Maddy stood back and watched as Peggy strides up towards the men.

"Gentlemen, my name is Agent Carter... and behind me is Agent Rogers, we both will be supervising your induction today," Peggy said.

She passes out pieces of paper and clipboards.

"To begin with, I shall need you to complete this document," Peggy smiled.

Maddy noticed how the two men next to Steve looked rather nervous... but Steve didn't.

Maddy walked closer.... a meaty guy, takes the paper from Peggy and grumbles... angrily.

"What's with the accent? Queen Victoria? I thought I was signing up for the U.S Army," The guy snarled.

Suddenly Maddy walked up to the soldier.

"What's your name soldier?" Maddy asked.

"Gilmore, Hodge..." He paused, looking over at Peggy.

"Your majesty," he smirked.

"Step forward... Hodge," Maddy ordered.

She pointed to where he needed to stand.

"Right leg forward... arms like so," Maddy said.

"We gonna rassle? Cause I know a few moves I know you'll like," Hodge smirked.

Maddy and Peggy move closer.

"Are you familiar with the art of Jiu Jitsu, wherein your opponent's size and momentum are used against him?" Maddy questioned.

"No..." Hodge replied.

Suddenly Maddy punches him square in the nose.... he drops in a heap.

"Yeah... neither do I," Maddy smiled.

"GAHHH!! I think you broke my nose, you dirty bitch!" Hodge cried out.

"Language like that shouldn't be aloud... in the military, should it?" Maddy asked turning to look at Peggy who was laughing.

"Actually I don't think it is," Peggy laughed.

Maddy looked over at Steve... who had the biggest smile on his face.

"AGENT CARTER! ROGERS!" General Phillips yelled.

Both women turned around and saw General Phillips walking up towards them.

" I see you both are breaking in the candidates... that's good! You. Get over there in that line and stand at attention until somebody tells you what to do," General Phillips smiled.