trying to balance

rowan ended the tournament with 3 caps and 1 goal. she wasn't exactly used to this type of ending. but she knew competing with the senior team was going to create a lot of different ending for her. her dad was still out so she had to find her own ride home. after arriving she quickly unpacked and got herself ready for school the next day. she wanted to facetime with tobin or alex but both were probably busy with school work since their were both finishing up in college. she took a secomf to think about college. she knew wherever she went she wanted to play soccer. but was college really necessary. you can't major in soccer. and that's all rowan wanted to do. she just wanted to play pro play on the national team and win. that's it. growing frustrated with the idea she put it aside and fell asleep. the next morning she arrived to school late and she couldn't get her smoothie but she walked in and saw no sign of her girlfriend. she walked in to her first period and was suprised. "happy first senior cap and goal" there was a small banner that was hung and a smoothie and bagel for her. "woah. who did all this?" she asked with a smile. mrs rodriguez looked towards sabrina who smiled sheepishly. "awww" rowan said and wrapped the girl up. she packed her lips before taking her seat. "i wanna hear all about it later" sabrina told her. "of course"
"well camp was fun. barney helped me with my english essay so now i'm pretty sure i'll get an A-" "wait barney?" "nicole barnhart. back up goalie for my really good friend hope solo. well more like older sister. she's been awesome. she always looks out for me and helps me out and well the whole team actually and she's the best goal keeper ever!! oh and then i got to meet tobin- queen of nutmegs- and she's super fricking cool and she surfs and we're really good friends now and alex she's cool i like her. and between you and me i think tobin does too" rowan rambled on and sabrina fixated on her. "they sound incredible ro. they really do. i saw they way they came up to you after you scored. pure love" she said happily. "yeah. they're so awesome... in fact some of them might come down for a weekend in november." rowan informed her. "really??? i want to meet them" sabrina said. "yeah." "how did it feel to get your first cap??" "nervous, anxious fantastic. i didn't screw up that bad so i'd say it was good." "and that goal whew" sabrina exaggerated. "eh it was alright. i've had better ones but not bad for my first" rowan shrugged. sabrina slapped her playfully.
the next few days weren't as easy as this one. she was still trying to keep up with her training and school work and her teammates were coming up soon. she could tell sabrina was doing better. but with that came a price. she knew with sabrina being more leneat there was a price. thankfully her team came down to get her mind off of it. "ro!!" tobin yelled when she entered the house. "tobin!!!" she yelled jumping into her arms. "alex" rowan said hugging the girl. she looked between alec and tobin shooting tobin a wink before saying hi to hope. only about 8 of them came down so they were all able to stay in the house. the first day rowan took them to her favorite surfing spot and her and tobin and kelley all surfed. the other girls just kinda messed around in the water. after that they went to get food then went back. the next day they surfed again and ate. rowan got a text from sabrina and asked the girls if they were down to go to a party. they all shrugged. they went and rowan introduced the girls. "ok. this is tobin, alex, hope, lauren, amy, abby, megan." sabrina greeted each of them. "soo that's the girlfriend huh?" hope whispered. "yup" rowan replied. "she seems like a real grade A bit-" "she can be cool sometimes" rowan interrupted. "right. listen if things aren't right ro. i'd we'd be glad to step in" hope says gesturing to her team. everyone nodded along. "thanks guys but i can handle it" rowan chuckled. "i don't know ro. how do you survive here with out hope? i mean that would mean you'd have to walk???!" alex teased. "hey! i can walk!" rowan shot back. "righttt" abby added. "oh whatever. at least i can out run any of you" rowan shoots back. "aww yeah that's my baby" hope joked putting her arm over rowans shoulder. "no serious guys. i really don't know how you do it. don't you miss us?" megan asks. "always dawg. always" rowan said. they headed home and sat around rowans backyard just talking. "hey ro can i ask you something?" pinoe asked. "sure" "have you thought about college?" rowan groaned slightly. "can i tell you guys something?"
"ofcourse ro" "always"
"i'm not sure i wanna go to college." she admitted. she looked around and saw that no one was shocked. "uh guys?" she asked. everyone let out a laugh. "you don't have to" hope said. rowan sat there in disbelief. "listen ro. i wouldn't say this to just anyone but by the time you graduate you could honestly just go pro. you have the talent" abby told her. "you guys think so?" "oh we know so" hope said nudging her. "thanks guys"
the next day the girls left and rowan was back on her own. she struggled she had a break from travel until january but she knew something was up. sabrina was distant she just gave rowan her look of disapproval when she left parties or didn't show up. thankfully no one picked up on it. if there was one thing that sabrina cared about more than anythinh it was her reputation. "hey" rowan said as her girlfriend walked into the cafe where they met up with their friends. "hey" she smiled taking a seat on her lap. "i miss you" rowan mumbled into her neck. "me too" she whispered back. "wanna come over today?" rowan asked. sabrina nodded. "okay everyone this had been thrilling but uh we're gonna head out" rowan said picking her girlfriend up. "rowan! what are you doing" she laughed. they got back to her house and we're sitting there. "i watched your games" she said. "did you?" rowan asked her. "duh. yeah i always watch them" sabrina smiled. "i'm still confused how you did this move though" sabrina said pulling her phone out to show rowan the clip. "the arabian?" rowan smiled at her girlfriends interest. "come on" she said pulling her outside. rowan went through the move slowly. she then kicked the ball to sabrina for her to try. "me?" she asked. "no no. obama. yes you" rowan chuckled. sabrina tolled her eyes playfully before biting her lip and attempting the move. she failed terribly. rowan tried to hide her laugh but couldn't. "babeeeee" sabrina whined. "ok ok" rowan went through the move again. sabrina still failed. they sat there in silence just thinking. "i bet i could nut meg you" sabrina said biting her lip. "me? you think you could nut meg me?" rowan laughed. "hey hey. just cause you can nutmeg doesn't mean you can defend the nutmeg" sabrina told her confidently. "hmmm i smell a big bet" rowan said pretending to smell. "ok. if i can nutmeg you you have to help me throw a party and if i can't. i'll finally have a transformers marathon with you with all your favorite snacks." sabrina said. "you're on ms. kay" rowan said confidently. sabrina tried multiple times failing before coming up with a good idea. she stared at her girlfriends abs for a second. "you enjoy the view?" rowan smirked. sabrina walked slowly up to her leaning in slightly before swiftly kicking the ball between her legs. she pushed herself off and ran to get the ball. "you have been MEGGED" she boasted. "uh no no. this didn't happen" rowan said suprised. "oh baby but it did" sabrina said with a confident smirk. "no fair! you tricked me!" "that wasn't in the rules" sabrina said. rowan pouted. "what are you gonna do call hope? a bets a bet" sabrina teased. "hey!" rowan pouted again. sabrina went over a kissed the pout off her face. rowan kissed her back before picking her up off the ground and tickling her. "rowannnn" sabrina squealed. "pay backs a bitch sab" she said tickling her. she was gonna miss this sabrina. this sab.