you leave again rowan were done

after multiple camps and friendlies. it was time. world cup time. would she be on the roster? would she make it? she was young and lacked experience but she wanted this. she wanted this so so bad. one night rowan sat on her bed just staring at the national team posted on her wall. she wanted to be up there when she felt her phone vibrate. she shook as she answered. "hhhhello?" she stuttered. "good evening rowan. i want to go straight to the point. congratulations on making the world cup roster" she couldn't focus after that. she made it! she was did it! "rowan rowan are you still there?" "uh yes sorry" "as i was saying. your role is gonna be more practice player coming in. it's quite unlikely you'll see the pitch at the world cup. but there's a chance. anyway i hope that won't effect your level and work ethic " pia told her. of course it stung to here that especially for someone like rowan but she sucked it up. she was going to germany. world cup time! "no no. that's fine it's an honor to go"
she ran to sabrinas house. literally ran. she knocked on her door violently. "i swear to god-" sabrina stopped when she saw who it was. "ro? what are you-" rowan put her hands on her knees attempting to catch her breath. sabrina stood there in her pajamas and damp hair staring at the girl. "i- i - i'm i. made. the team. i'm going. to. the the world cup" she said breathlessy. "no way no way no fucking way" "sabrina!" her mom yelled. "sorry mom" "rowan!!!!" she yelled and jumped on her. rowan embraced her back. "i did it sab. i actually did it" "hell yeah you did baby!" sabrina yelled back. "rowan! congratulations sweetie!" her mom came rushing out of the kitchen. "thanks mrs. kay" she said as sabrinas mom embraced her. "way to go ro!" her dad said hugging her tightly. "thank you guys" she said finnaly catching her breath.
she called emily and told her the big news and decided to suprise her dad at work the next day. she got ready and put on her national team jersey and drive to the base. the guys who did the security gave her no issues at all and walked her to her dads office. "hey who's that?" one of the obviously new guards asked. "that's rafs daughter" they said quickly. they knocked once on his office and didn't find him there. then he went to one of the big meeting rooms and found him and his squadron. after saluting he moved aside to show rowan. "ro. what are you doing here? why are you wearing your jersey?" he asked obviously confused. "hey everyone" she said anxious. "rowan you better have a good reason for not being at school" her dad said. "i do i swear. i needed to ask for your advice on my outfit" she said. "you're kidding. since when do you get advice on outfits. you had better get your-" "for the world cup!"
she said excitedly. "the the what? oh my god oh my god you got the the" "i'm going to the world cup dad. i made the roster" she said. he jumped up and hugged her tightly picking her up off the ground. "my baby girl" he kissed her head. soon all of the other guys were up giving her the same type of hug and kiss. "everyone gather your things. this calls for a celebratory dinner! we have to start prepping now" her dad announced dismissing everyone. "my house at 6. see you all there" mark announced. "rowan baby what do you want for dinner?" mark asked. "mmm pigs in the blanket!" she said excitedly and everyone laughed. "ooo can you ask melissa to make that strawberry cake thingy?" she asked lucas with puppy dog eyes. "whatever you want babygurl" he said hugging her. this was normal. sure she didn't have a mom or anyone really but she had a dad and 9 guys who were like older brothers and dads. she was at the grocery store with her dad when she checked her phone. she had a shit ton of missed texts from the national team and a bunch of missed calls from hope. they were all blowing her up asking about the world cup. she sent one thing. "see you guys in germany" and sure enough they all replied. "yessss!" "congrats ro!" "can't wait!" "sick dawg!!" she called hope back. "baby ro!!! i can't wait i'm so happy for you and us and we're gonna have the best time and this is your first world cup and " she rambled on. "hope. hope. i love you" she said laughing. "i love you too kiddo. i gotta go but ill see you soon for camp okay?" "okay. bye"
"that the girls?" her dad asked setting the pack of beer into the basket. "yeah" she smiled. "they're really good to you huh?" she nodded. "you deserve that. let them be there for you okay?" he said seriously. "yes sir" "i need to make sure someone's taking care of my little girl" he said scratching her head. she squealed. they went to the drink section and rowan tossed a few drinks into the cart for herself before going with her dad to check out.
they had a great dinner and all of the guys girlfriends went crazy when they heard of the big news. this was her family. totally not a normal family but it did the job.
but as always things never stayed good. after another camp it was late may and rowan was home for a week before she had to leave again. though no one knew except for her dad and them that she had to leave so soon. "look good?" she asked her girlfriend addressing the back yard that was now loaded with kegs and alcohol. "yep. now i just need my girlfriend to look good" she said walking up to rowan and pointing to her same old soccer shorts and zip up. "what. i thought i looked good" she frowned. "you always look good baby buttttt it is our first party that we've thrown together andddd" sabrina dragged out. "fine fine. i'll go home and change" "ok but be quick people will be here in a few" "got it" she said pecking her lips before leaving. she got home and took a shower. she stared at her closet before deciding on a decent look. she tossed on a pair of light blue ripped jeans that showed the waist band of her boxers and she tossed on a light grey calvin klein sports bra and tossed her hat backwards. she slid on her air force ones and chain before heading out. she lost track of time and was suprised at the large amount of vehicles already outside of sabrinas house. she walked in and automatically eyed went to her. she smiled and grabbed a drink before heading out back and spotting her girlfriend. she wore a pair of short white shorts and a black tube top. she had on a pair of black heels. "hey babe" she said slipping her arm around her waist. "damn ro" mason said. "holy shit" sabrina said turning to see her girlfriend. sabrinas eyes were glued to the girls abs. "you like?" rowan smirked. "on a scale of one to ten how bad would it be if i asked you to take me right now rigjt here?" she whispered huskily into her ear. rowan smiled before pulling her girlfriend in close and kissing her passionately letting her hands drift down and squeezing her ass slightly. "pretty bad" she said as they pulled apart. as the party went on rowan drifted around talking to different people. she was talking with emily when she spotted her girlfriend talking with mason. she thought nothing of it until he got closer and put sabrinas back against his front and grinder into her. "what the fuck is he doing ?" she said out loud. emily looked over knowing this was not gonna go good. he kissed her ear and sabrina was clearly uncomfortable and drunk. she walked over ignoring emily warning her. "the fuck you think you're doing there o'connell?" she asked obviously pissed. "ohhh just hanging out with my prom date. what about you sanchez?" he asked smiling smugly. "oh there you are babe. i wanna dance" sabrina said pulling out of masons grasp and walking over to her girlfriend. "prom date my ass." "oh whatever rowan. you can't possibly give this girl what she needs. your always away" "what are you trying to say" she asked her jaw becoming rigid. by now a crowd was forming around. sabrina tried to pull her girlfriend back. "what i'm trying to say is she needs some good dick!" he yelled. rowan ignored the pleads of her girlfriend and emily as she lunged and her fist made contact with his jaw. "the fuck sanchez!" "i'm just trying to help you out. your girls gonna be alone on prom. in just trying to be there for her" he says again. "shut your fucking mouth before i shut it for you!" she yelled. he went on to say something else when she socked him again. this time he clipped her nose giving her a nose bleed. she punched him repeatedly and he got her lip before she was pulled away still thrashing. "rowan what the hell does he mean when he says i'll be alone?" she asked. she had sobered up quickly. "oh she didn't tell you. little girl is leaving tomorrow" mason smirked. this time rowan lunged again and shoved him down but was lifted off of him. "rowan?" she asked. "is it true? i swear to god rowan sanchez if it is-" "you know what. FUCK THIS! fuck all of this. fuck all of you. i'm out of this bitch." she yelled dabbing at her nose before walking off. "rowan! rowan!" sabrina chased after her. "no sabrina you too. what the fuck are you doing letting him touch you like that?!" she yelled at her. "rowan. what the fuck are you doing lying to me? AGAIN!" she yelled. "fuck this. i'm leaving" she said walking out. "rowan. rowan stop! rowan you leave again and we're done!" she yelled. rowan stopped. "we're done i swear" she said shakily obviously on the verge of tears. everything flashed in rowans mind. all of the fun times with sabrina all of the spontaneous drives and dinners and cuddling and parties and laughs. but then the picture of her holding up her jersey and the national team surrounding her. and she imagined what her life could be like with them. she walked off mumbling "goodbye sabrina" she heard sabrinas sobs as she walked out the door. "get out! everyone get the fuck out of my house!" she yelled. everyone flooded out and sabrina was left by herself. she sniffled before whispering. "i love you rowan"